Thread: oem d/valve working again and new crank sensor.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oem d/valve working again and new crank sensor.

Hi guys, after my car throwing a fit last weekend and chewing my afm i thought i would get some parts together ready for this weekend ready to fit, so yesterday i went all out and gave my coupe a good going over. First off i fitted the crank sensor. was expecting this to be a bad job and wasnt looking forward to it. 20mins and it was done so was very happy it all went well.One tool i would go and get if you are going to do this job is one of them magnets that extend, bit like a screwdriver but with a magnet on the end, i used this to turn the bolt on the last few turns and was very handy to get the bolt back in again. Then it was time to refit the oem d/valve as i havent been happy just running my bailey for a while now, so i ordered a kit last week with everything i needed. Again, i was expecting this to be a nightmare of a job, but to my supprise, an hour and it was done, was much less hassel than i was expecting. The trick to doing this by the way is down to the alen keys you use Had i of just used normal alan keys (straight all the way down) i would have struggled for hours but if you get yourself a set that has the little bobble on the end then you can reach all 3 bolts very easy as the alen keys bobble on the end allow you to go in at an angle for the bottom bolt , job done. So now with that working again and my bailey running off my fpr the car is going much better and boosting stronger and smoother. Last but not least i then dropped the oil, new filter and fresh oil and all was done. Very happy with the end result

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good to hear your very happy with the results. by any chance have you got a picture of the allen key you used? im having abit of trouble with mine. i did cut the allen key down but i still couldnt manage to get the dam thing off
    Arden Blue GSI And You Know Its The Best Colour To Have

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It was a set the same as these mate, the red hande bit also came in handy to turn them but with the ball on the end you can come in at the bottom bolt on an angle and get it easy enough.
    I got this exact set from my local car shop for £2.99
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/21pc-BALL-END-...1%7C240%3A1318

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers mate might have to give these a shot see what happens
    Arden Blue GSI And You Know Its The Best Colour To Have