Thread: Z20let

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z20let

Hi, there is white smoke coming from the exhaust and puffs of smoke coming from the turbo, but the car still drives fine, ive been told its the oil seal on the turbo, is this right? and is there any chance of changing the seal myself? thanks
    Black Astra Gsi "Turbo Technics Turbo, Front Mounted Intercooler, No Cats, Remap and K&N Air Filter"

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check the Turbo from under the car the smoke coming from your turbo is most prob from the oil return pipe as the gaskett goes on them better to replace pipe, Im going through the same probs mate but my smoking on idle has gone fingers crossed but im changing the oil return gaskett and pipe tomorrow there is a pic in my thread titled "need confirmation"

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i checked the return oil pipe and looks fine, smoking getting worse from turbo so had to take astra off the road, good thing i have a crx as aspare car! the turbo is ment to have a 3 year warrenty with turbo technics,anyone had any dealings with them? thanks
    Black Astra Gsi "Turbo Technics Turbo, Front Mounted Intercooler, No Cats, Remap and K&N Air Filter"

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Call them up if you have warranty and see what they say