Thread: What sort of payout will i be looking at for my car?.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What sort of payout will i be looking at for my car?.

Had a dozy women in a skoda smash into the rear quater few days back, needless to say im in a hire car atm due to the damage caused to the quarter and wheel, insurance is weighing up if its repairable but i doubt it .
    Also not sure on fault yet shes blaming me and im blaming her and as far as ive been told she doesnt really have a leg to stand on apart from the fact the road has no markings which surely cant affect me!?.

Sooooo my cars a

Vauxhall Astra Sport
    1999 V reg
    3 door
    was mechanically fine before the accident
    apart from 3 scratches so was the paintwork
    alloys
    ect ect ect.

So what sort of offer do you reckon the insurance will offer me as i set it at £2250 when i took the insurance out.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    At a guess you'll be lucky to get much more than a grand. You should get an amount of money which will enable you to buy a similar car.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glasses Book price on a 1.6 is £825 & on a 1.8 £875 so that should give you a guide of where the insurance company will be valueing it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Make sure you fight it, find similar cars on autotrader, piston heads etc and show them to the insurance company.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah take the select few that are the highest priced ones simlilar spec, miles etc, to yours and email them or take them in or whatever. Always turn down the first offer and supply them with this. They try fob you off on the first offer, always come back with a better one.

Are your alloys aftermarket and are they declared? They might give you a more for them if they have insured them like for like, some insurance companies dont replace mods though, just replace to standard so you wont get anythin...
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    At a guess you'll be lucky to get much more than a grand. You should get an amount of money which will enable you to buy a similar car.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Glasses Book price on a 1.6 is £825 & on a 1.8 £875 so that should give you a guide of where the insurance company will be valueing it.
    Wow astra's really have been hit hard by the errr "Crunch". , well if its written off (which is likely now) ive got a plan so i may still be in the astra fold or the VW

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Make sure you fight it, find similar cars on autotrader, piston heads etc and show them to the insurance company.
    O i will be i think ill be able to get at least 1250 maybe higher heard admirals really good for that.

Quote Originally Posted by nickfearn View Post
    Yeah take the select few that are the highest priced ones simlilar spec, miles etc, to yours and email them or take them in or whatever. Always turn down the first offer and supply them with this. They try fob you off on the first offer, always come back with a better one.

Are your alloys aftermarket and are they declared? They might give you a more for them if they have insured them like for like, some insurance companies dont replace mods though, just replace to standard so you wont get anythin...
    no mods really they where all declared but i took most of it off but things like the irmscher holder, gear nob and handbrake, i will fight it regardless as my mum's been through about 7 crashes (all not her fault bless her ) and she's clued me up on everything.
    Cheers guys(Y)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anythin broke in the crash? I had a sub in my boot that broke, they paid out for that. You should have one too, or a laptop, or a collection of antique cars lol they dont ask you to prove it.
    Driving Audi TT 225 Q

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anythin broke in the crash? I had a sub in my boot that broke, they paid out for that. You should have one too, or a laptop, or a collection of antique cars lol they dont ask you to prove it.
    No because dishonesty like that raised premiums for other drivers!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nope mate my arm heart first day but felt fine after so didnt mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by kingthechris View Post
    No because dishonesty like that raised premiums for other drivers!

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL some good news apparently there fixing it

From what i wrote down thats quarters straightened, sprayed ect, new arch liner, new wheel or connecting parts that are bent, new back bumper fitted and sprayed so they think its worth a lot lol.