Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep another dump valve question lol

Hi all,

Just had my manifold and turbo replaced for vxr unit as old one was cracked well I thought it was til I found out it was one of the bolts had snapped off. Anyway I wanted a vxr unit as going to stage 3 so not that fussed, my question is this, before they changed it over my dump valve was quite loud, I was running both new and oe at same time, when they put the new vxr unit on it seemed to go quiet. It is a baileys dv26 I think, are they adjustable? If they are how do you set them? I know it is wrong as when turbo is spooling up I can hear boost leaking out, this happened on my old turbo but not as much.

Cheers guys,

M

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's probably now fed from the FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) and the OE DV will still be active and have the spring inside as opposed to the metal spacer insert which can be swapped for the spring to disable the OE DV and therefore make the Baileys louder.

If you're running high boost, keep the OE one active. (With or without the Baileys).

If you're running standard boost, it doesn't matter which u use.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It all looks like everthing is the same but I may be wrong, the main thing that is annoying me is hearing the boost leak out of baileys dv, its running standard map as far as I know, do you know if the baileys dv26 is adjustable? I.e make the spring harder to cope with the boost pressure abit better.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bereet View Post
    It all looks like everthing is the same but I may be wrong, the main thing that is annoying me is hearing the boost leak out of baileys dv, its running standard map as far as I know, do you know if the baileys dv26 is adjustable? I.e make the spring harder to cope with the boost pressure abit better.

As far as I'm aware, it is not adjustable. However they do make a DV26-D which has a stronger spring though, whether this makes it louder or not, I'm not sure.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had trouble with my bailey ive taken it off now just runiing my oe one much better.
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok thanks for the info, I just took my dv26 off and the bolt at the top was really loose so tightened it up and took it out for a blast and so far it not leaked so just gonna go with it for now with oe running aswel, if this leak happens again I will ditch the dv26 as I ran without, did this before to test and all was good.

Cheers again,

Mike

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive had that on mine mate all ya troubles will be over
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque