Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Will this make any difference?

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    S7M XE's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Will this make any difference?

    If I put a Vectra C diesel intake and de-restrict the air box on my mates Astra G 1.6 8v?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    glen432's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i was thinking of doing this to my 1.6 16v but wasnt sure how much difference it would make
    good question

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    glen432's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    please could somebody reply
    thanks

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    dan88's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got the 1.6 16v twinport got vecy C + K&N Panel filter and i find my car rev's that little bit easier

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    glen432's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    was the intake easy to do? ive had a quick look at the how to on here but was wondering how you got on?

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    dan88's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glen432 View Post
    was the intake easy to do? ive had a quick look at the how to on here but was wondering how you got on?
    took 2min to put in took the old 2 out and poped the new 2 stright in

    i put the adaptor on the airbox 1st then put the vecy pipe in then forced it under the bar on the front and now it's stuck in place

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    glen432's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan88 View Post
    took 2min to put in took the old 2 out and poped the new 2 stright in

    i put the adaptor on the airbox 1st then put the vecy pipe in then forced it under the bar on the front and now it's stuck in place
    oh ok sounds good would you recommend it or do you think most of the difference is from the panel filter?

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    dan88's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glen432 View Post
    oh ok sounds good would you recommend it or do you think most of the difference is from the panel filter?
    i put it all in at once so could not comment on that

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    glen432's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan88 View Post
    i put it all in at once so could not comment on that
    ok cheers neway

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    rhys57's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,348
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It will just give you a little more airflow mate, Its worth doing though..
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •