Thread: Zafira washer problem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Zafira 2002 washer problem

Hi, New to this forum - I have a 2002 Zafira and the screen washer does not work - no motor sound when I pull on the stalk. Is there a fuse for this and if so where is it located? The main fuse distribution console to the right of the steering colum does not have a fuse for the screen washer motor. I have found a fuse box under the bonnet, just to the rear of the battery, that houses 8 large fuses - could one of these be the washers?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebremner View Post
    I work at a Vauxhall dealers in Oxfordshire, we have done 4-5 of these this week already. Comes from operating the washers when the nozzles are frozen!
    Wipers will work but no washers!
    A replacment fuse usually does the trick.
    Mainly Mk5's and Zafira B's so far!
    Hi, New to this forum - I have a 2002 Zafira and the screen washer does not work - no motor sound when I pull on the stalk. Is there a fuse for this and if so where is it located? The main fuse distribution console to the right of the steering colum does not have a fuse for the screen washer motor. I have found a fuse box under the bonnet, just to the rear of the battery, that houses 8 large fuses - could one of these be the washers?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafira02 View Post
    Hi and welcome. On page 3 of this topic it has a picture of the fuse box in the bonnet on an astra.

Does yours look the same?
    Have you looked in the user manual to find which fuse does the screen wash and which fuse box it's located within?

I would assume the zafira has the same or very similar box.
    Once you find this out it will be quite straight forward.
    It will be a 10amp red fuse.

I have not personally looked at a zafira but have sorted an astra not long ago. If someone is from vauxhall on here they should confirm.

Halfords do a multipack of fuses with one 10amp in it for about £2, vauxhall charge about £3 for a pack of 3, maplin charge 47pence each.

Let us know how you get on.
    Kev.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevstergttdi View Post
    Hi and welcome. On page 3 of this topic it has a picture of the fuse box in the bonnet on an astra.

Does yours look the same?
    Have you looked in the user manual to find which fuse does the screen wash and which fuse box it's located within?

I would assume the zafira has the same or very similar box.
    Once you find this out it will be quite straight forward.
    It will be a 10amp red fuse.

I have not personally looked at a zafira but have sorted an astra not long ago. If someone is from vauxhall on here they should confirm.

Halfords do a multipack of fuses with one 10amp in it for about £2, vauxhall charge about £3 for a pack of 3, maplin charge 47pence each.

Let us know how you get on.
    Kev.
    Hi Kev,
    Thanks for the info - My fusebox does not look anything like the one on page 3 - The fusebox next to the steering column is in the user guide I have but does not list any of the fuses to the screen washer. There is a fuse box under the bonnet at an angle against the firewall behind the battery which has 8 large fuses in it - maybe the screen washer fuse is one of these? I can't find any info on this fuse box.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Kev,
    Thanks for the info - My fusebox does not look anything like the one on page 3 - The fusebox next to the steering column is in the user guide I have but does not list any of the fuses to the screen washer. There is a fuse box under the bonnet at an angle against the firewall behind the battery which has 8 large fuses in it - maybe the screen washer fuse is one of these? I can't find any info on this fuse box.
    I find it strange that it does not list what all the fuses are like the astra book does. In my mums astra they are listed on two different pages. The screenwash one is in the bonnet box.

I would assume if it was in either box it should be listed. possible that the older zafira has a differnt layout of fuses.

I've hunted over the net and nothing more than what's on here.

A quick phonecall to vauxhall to confirm if your mk1 zafira is different and the location/number of fuse might be the answer unless anyone else on here can help....

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Hi Kev,
    Your fusebox looks nothing like that one because you have a Zafira A which is more like the Astra G rather than the Astra H

The fuse does the wipers too so it's probably a faulty motor
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Washer fuse

Thanks for this info, I'll give Vauxhall a call tomorrow.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    As Autosparks says, same fuse for wipers & washer, Fuse 3.14 30amp
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)