Thread: air con rad removed

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

air con rad removed

hi i removed my air con red today becoz it broke not getting a new one for abit when i started the car the fan started going and wont stop any reason cheers tom

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Only thing I know that triggered fan recently for me was pulling plug off Coolant Temperature sensor (which is plug on right hand side of block on z20let just down from ignition board plug connector.)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^ Correct there will be a sensor unplugged. Easy fix.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slimey_eyes View Post
    hi i removed my air con red today becoz it broke not getting a new one for abit when i started the car the fan started going and wont stop any reason cheers tom
    You've kind of answered your own question at some part in the air con system it is reading high temp the fact their is no air con rad to help cooling which would normally be sufficient that it wouldn't need the fan, But no cooling from air con rad = fan

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    at the min i am running my car without the air con rad in working fine. just that i had to take the little compressor off the side of the ac rad and just plugged it in. works fine.

any 1 know any other way i can get round it without installing a ac rad cheers tom

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    doses any 1 know wat fuses the ac is?
    i looked on the hand book was like 3 fuses it say think it was 35, 39 and 40

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The AC is run by a control module that also runs the cooling system disable the AC by a fuse and you'll be disabling the cooling system as well

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    think i might be having the same problem myself, the cooling light came on dash and the fan burst into life and wont go off. i changed the coolant control module under the wing still the same .had an auto elect look he thought it was the water cooling sensor on the block and i changed that still the same. have just changed the main rad and the aircon rad still the same, but i havent had it re gassed yet, im stumped

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scouceget1 View Post
    think i might be having the same problem myself, the cooling light came on dash and the fan burst into life and wont go off. i changed the coolant control module under the wing still the same .had an auto elect look he thought it was the water cooling sensor on the block and i changed that still the same. have just changed the main rad and the aircon rad still the same, but i havent had it re gassed yet, im stumped
    Getting it put on a Tech 2 would have saved you a fair bit of money,i advice you to go to VX and get it put on the tech 2

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had the same problem as u so to get round it i took the little compressor on the side of the ac rad i have just plugged it in. the light went off and runnig fine now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast