Hi

Recently I was told I was going to be made redundant in May. I knew my Company car would be returned either then or if I found another job within the company before that date. Fortunately I have just started a new job for the same company but the company car will be returned forth with !

So decision time, what car next?

My car history off the top of my head latest car first:
BMW 320d Compact
Impreza WRX 276 BHP
Saxo VTR
Rover 220d !
Renault 5 GT Turbo
Peugeot 205 1.6 GTI
MR2 MK1
Nova 1.4l
Fiat Panda 1.0 4x4 (superb off roader !!!!)

Wanting something quick yet economical I plucked up and bought a 2005 Astra Design 1.9 CDTI 150 and for all of 1 weeks ownership I am already getting problems !

I am running a DTUK Green box which when the car is working its great !

The problem is occurring every now and then.

First time on Sunday cruising at 60 mph approaching a roundabout the engine went into Limp home mode, esp light and eml light (car with spanner) came on, static rev's at around 1500, throttle not making any difference to rev's.

Turned engine off, restarted and fine ! Drove another 10 miles and no problem.

Drove the car 1 day later (Monday) and did a further 20ish miles, no problem at all.

Left then until yesterday (Saturday) and lights on straight away, rev's at 1500 again, throttle not making any difference again.

Turned off, started again no change. Did this 2 more times and on the 4th time no lights running perfect !!

So I have checked the engine codes via the brake and throttle pedal trick and returned 112052 and 112252 or in tech 2 speak:

P1120 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 High Input C-008
P1120 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 Low Input C-008
P1120 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 Range/Performance C-008
P1120 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 and 2 Signal Incorrect Ratio C-008
P1122 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 High Input C-008
P1122 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 Low Input C-008
P1122 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 Range/Performance C-008
P1122 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 and 2 Signal Incorrect Ratio C-008

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks
James