Thread: P2279 Fault Code

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question P2279 Fault Code

Had my car in at Vauxhall yesterday to get the Cruise Control activated - all sorted out with no problems. Was out in the car last night getting used to how to use it and everything was fine.

So today I decided I'd take the car for a decent run to try it and about ten minutes in the emissions light on the dashboard comes on

The code I get up from the reader is P2279 - Generic Intake Air System Leak. I've checked all the hoses and they seem fine the only other thing which came up from the searches was EGR valve and swirl flaps.

Would this seem to be right - the cars really down on power especially when pulling away in first but no other gears its just slightly hesitant then decided to suddenly boost. The car is also pouring out black smoke when under load?

Also would this be a warranty fix or something I'll have to pay for - the cars just over a year old?

I've read about cleaning them but if its a warranty fix I'll let Vauxhall sort it.

Thanks,

Glenn.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Take it to Vaux, sounds odd that this problem has only just started since you had them do work on the vehicle.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll take it up there tomorrow night and see what they say. I can't see the emissions light being linked to the CC can it? It was running fine when it left Vauxhall.

The only other thing I found today was what I can only describe as a bottle top jamming the lever arangement on the swirl flaps which can't have done it much good.

Glenn.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How the hell did that get in there, this is proberly what is causing the light to come on.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your guess is as good as mine! It still aint solved my problem so its off to vauxhall tomorrow and see what they'll do with. Just hope it doesn't cost me anything.

It was a good day for finding things I also found a small pry bar on the scuttle panel below the front screen. By the rust it looks like its been there a while though.

Wonder what will be next?

Glenn.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Took the car up to Vauxhall today for them to have a look at it. They think it may need to have a new intercooler fitted to it which is the reason for the fault code this has been ordered under warrenty. Other than that they mentioned it could be the turbo but will try an intercooler first.

There was also a fault code for the clutch swith as well so this is getting changed whilst its there.

If it was the intercooler would I not have problems all the time when it was boosting? It's fine after about 2.5k revs it just takes off as usual.

Glenn.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

any news on yours, mine started doing exactely the same yesterday night, checked the fault code this morning P2279......

56 plate, 36k on the clock......

Slam
    3 door Design sporthatch 1.9 cdti 150bhp in ultra blue.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just had a phone call from the garage - EGR valve blocked, they have cleaned it up as best they can and placed one on order. My car is 2 years and 11 months old today!

Slam
    3 door Design sporthatch 1.9 cdti 150bhp in ultra blue.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No I'm still waiting for them to ring and tell me my intercooler is in.

The light just keeps flickering on and off now briefly. So I'm thinking would this actually be an intercooler leak? Would it not be on all the time?

To me it seems more like the EGR valve but they say its not.

Glad you got to the bottom of your problem quicker than I did, looks like it will be after Easter now.

Glenn.