Thread: Toyota MR2

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Toyota MR2

Which one to get? Has anyone had one? What things do I need to look out for? I'm considering getting one as I've seen a few around in pretty decent condition with low mileage for the age for around £1500.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The major thing you need to sort first is insurance.the majority of mr2's about are imports and a lot of insurances still dont except imports and i found out when i bought mine.adrian flux are the people to speak to though.
    As for the car if your buying an import make sure the speedo has been sorted into mph and try to find one with as much paperwork as possible.
    They are pretty bullet proof cars but do rust on the rear arches and sills.
    jap imports are better looked after and wont suffer with rust as japan doesnt use salt on their roads.Theres plenty forsale so dont buy the first one you see.Id go for a targa top if you can find one as sumeer is approaching.Get yourself on imoc for more info.
    Hope this helps,good luck with finding one they really are great cars and i miss mine
    adam
    Europa blue turbo,the best colour by far!
    My auto-biography here- http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=157301