Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vxr Interior Strips

Hi All,

Im new here and have found this place a massive help so firstly thankyou to the community for what infor I have already pawned!

I have decided to register so I could possibly help other Astra owners in the future however I have a question that I cannot find the answer too. (Yes I have searched the forum)

On monday I am taking delivery of a VXR woot woot, only thing is I do not like the carbon fibre look door and dash trim. Any body know part numbers, cheap places to buy and how to change/remove them from the car.

I currently have an SRI with silver trim which I prefer, If its possible to remove these without damaging I would be prepared to swap them if somebody wants the carbon fibre ones.

Many Thanks

Matthew Rhodes

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can buy the dash parts cheaply enough from VX but the door parts are pricey as a complete card is required. Best ask at you dealers
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Gutted, so its not possible to replace the carbon fibre strips only. I have seen them for sale on ebay by themselves (the vxr ones atleast).

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    door card strips are easy to replace - melt off the plastic fixings from the inside of the card, soldering iron on flame and then prise the rings off with a screwdriver as the flame melts the plastic fixing, pop off the trim and hot glue them back on - simple to do - you cant tell they have been swapped

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome, how about ones on the dash? So I will have to take the door card off! Your all aware I'm on about the fake carbon trrim right? so the new ones how do then reconnect just glue them?

Anybody any idea about model numbers/price. I will of course head to the dealer to find out. If I go ahead and do this ill photo document the process for others in the future.

cheers for the help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dash ones - remove centre console and glovebox - the glovebox one is simply bolted on, i know the carbon trim your on about - door card will need to be removed - 5 min job, headlight one is a case of pulling and turning the headlamp switch to remove the trim, and then it unclips from the switch assembly

ebay is your best place for the silver trim items - there expensive new - i think the glovebox carbon is around 50 quid, headlamp 20 ish so i cant imagine the silvers being much different