Right, as you may or may not know, in my last mk4 I had a white sat-nav centre console with a screen fitted to the aperture.
now I've got the coupe, I want to go one better with the interior, so am looking for ideas.
Initial thoughts were:
- Touchscreen sat-nav located where speedo & rev counter are
- HUD Speedo, or relocated to upper DIN slot/heater vent region so it's in centre of dash (similar to BMW Mini) - possibly even use an aftermarket dash or other manufacturer's speedo
- 52mm rev counter fitted either in A pillar or ashtray
- MFD moved to up near the "rear view mirror"
- rear view mirror replaced with a small (~3.5") screen fixed to rear view cam.
- Car PC in glovebox hooked up to a screen built into a roof-mount screen (or a flushed screen in dash if I use HUD speedo)
lots of work, yes. is that a problem, no.
I'm having second thoughts though, wondering if it'd be "too much" and whether I could put up with a HUD speedo for example...