Thread: Custom Centre Console... ideas...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

Custom Centre Console... ideas...

Right, as you may or may not know, in my last mk4 I had a white sat-nav centre console with a screen fitted to the aperture.

now I've got the coupe, I want to go one better with the interior, so am looking for ideas.

Initial thoughts were:
    - Touchscreen sat-nav located where speedo & rev counter are
    - HUD Speedo, or relocated to upper DIN slot/heater vent region so it's in centre of dash (similar to BMW Mini) - possibly even use an aftermarket dash or other manufacturer's speedo
    - 52mm rev counter fitted either in A pillar or ashtray
    - MFD moved to up near the "rear view mirror"
    - rear view mirror replaced with a small (~3.5") screen fixed to rear view cam.
    - Car PC in glovebox hooked up to a screen built into a roof-mount screen (or a flushed screen in dash if I use HUD speedo)

lots of work, yes. is that a problem, no.

I'm having second thoughts though, wondering if it'd be "too much" and whether I could put up with a HUD speedo for example...

any opinions?
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Have you got a photo of your dash/interior as it is now Pete?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    it's just a standard mk4 coupe at present mate, I only bought it a couple of weeks ago and haven't put it on the road yet
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Heads up display for speedo would be cool, but the only ones I've seen knocking around are the GPS / LMF ones, 40-50 quid... unless you're after something more elaborate.

PC screen in the dash in conjuction with the above would be good especially if you hook up the diagnostic port to give you sensor data while driving, but if it's on a touchscreen it might be awkward to get your hand through the wheel to operate it especially if you want to change tunes while driving.

what could be good is if your car pc has a dual monitor out, you could have a virtual dash (via OBD ) on one screen ( think Nissan GTR ) and your music jukebox on the other...