Thread: 888 front bumper. how to??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

888 front bumper. how to??

how the hell u remove a 888 front bumper, i thought it was just a coupe bumper, but seems the wheel liners have be sealing to the bumper. is this the norm, or has the previous onwer done a mod job

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    theres 2 little buggers either side that u cant see that hold the bumper to the wing - its joins the top edge of the bumper to the arch trim and is a tad on the hard side as all the mud collects in there - the wheelarch bits on mine were sika flexed to the rest of the plastic arch and are not fixed to the actual bumper

other than that the fixings are the same as a coupe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 888rich View Post
    theres 2 little buggers either side that u cant see that hold the bumper to the wing - its joins the top edge of the bumper to the arch trim and is a tad on the hard side as all the mud collects in there
    hmmm all i seen was a strip that goes top of arch trim, 2 screws, not sure weather hex or not, is that what u mean,?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    will also add once removed you dont have to refit them - i found them not really neccesary to be there (one of mine wouldnt come out so i had to hacksaw the screw in half by sticking the blade in the slit between the arch extension and the bumper if that makes sense)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there not hex - normal phillips head - the 2 normal side fixings are hex tho as normal coupe

go by the car, wheel to your right looking forward towards the nonnet, where the bottom of the bumper is put your finger to the inside of the bumper and go upwards, when you meet the bit where the bumper ends and the arch extension starts - the screw holds these 2 togeather - mud gathers in there so you may not see it or feel it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    red line should explain the screw position and location, dots are the other fixings. screw head is in the arch section into the bumper - if it wont unsrew slip a hacksaw between the arch/bumper panel gap and saw it in half - you will not need to refit it as there is plenty of tension when you have to pull the bumper back around to refit

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    cheers rich

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it stumped me for an hour the first time after going off a coupe bumper guide

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i got all ones cud see, inc side ones where dots r(as shown) but couldnt find the top ones u said u hack sawed off, sill cant see them

is it just a standard coupe bumper with the 888 bear attached??