Can anybody help on this.
2002 1.7 DTI Sportive Van, Isuzu engine,
About 6 months ago I had the problem with the fuel injection EDU packing up,
I re soldered the dry joints and job sorted, running again, that was until about 3 weeks ago,
same problem, went out to the van in the morning and it just turned over, not a glimmer.
Whipped the EDU off again and checked for more dry joints all looked ok so tried the EDU on another van, the other van started first crack.
Fit it back to my van still no start.
Checked for fault codes = 0571 Brake switch circuit malfunction.
Sure enough when I checked I had a brake light out, sorted that and cleared the fault code. still no start.
Then I noticed this posted by jcastraDti
1. Take the top off the fuel filter housing
2. Fill it up to the brim with diesel and replace housing lid securely.
3. Foot hard down on the accellerator
4. Start the car and keep your foot planted to the floor on the accellator
5. Keep revs high (around 4000rpm) for a couple of minutes
6. Then just let it tick over for 10min or so
Gave it a couple of attempts and it started, this was Saturday,
it ran until Tuesday morning and then same again just turned over but wouldn’t start.
Went through same procedure as before also gave it a little sniff of easy start, but nothing.
I’ve checked for fuel leaks
Cracked the injectors, no fuel.
There are no fault codes showing (on lap top or using the peddles)
But it still wont start.
Anybody got any ideas???