Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

P2279 fault code and No Power Astra Z19DTH

Hi everyone, 1st post for me.

I have just bought(3 weeks ago) a 2005 Astra 1.9(z19dth) 120bhp 16 valve model. Recently the car started losing power intermittently, but is now undrivable.
    When i start the car and go to accelerate,nothing happens untill over 3000rpm,then turbo kicks in and revs to max rpm. If i allow the car to drop below 3000rpm in any gear it fails to accelerate at all. After about 5 minutes the spanner EML light will come on and fault code p2279 Intake air system leak detected. I tried cleaning the EGR today(though just seen the proper way to do it by removing the valve-will do this tommorrow).
    Any other ideas on this,could EGR or faulty swirl valves cause such a loss of turbo boost below 3000rpm,or possible any other cause.I have as best as possible checked vaccum and boost pipes ok.
    Any help is much appreciated.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quick update. Stripped,seperated and cleaned the EGR valve today (the piston was seized solid). Put it all back together and the car now boosts nicely again from low revs .Hope this info will help others.