Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

PS3 Rant!

3.....2.....1 GOOOOO

ok then, i've got a 60gb Ps3, had it now just under 2 years, was bought 7.3.07, last night it gave up the ghost. I turn it on and, the usual green light comes on, it then goes yellow, beeps 3 times and then goes onto a red flashing light.

After messing about with it abit trying to get it to work it wouldnt so i went fishing on the internet to try find abit of research, and it turns out its a common-ish fault on the old 60gb ps1,ps2 compatable playstations where it keeps over heating untill the motherboard cant hope and just gives in.

I rang up playstation uk and told them the situation and they want £140 just to come, take it off me and give me a re-conditioned one!!!! eventhough i paid over £400 for it not 2 years ago. i find this utter discusting, i ranted and raged asmuch as i could but they wouldnt give in.

i feel really pissed off any annoyed at this and let down by sony, eventhough theres loads of people writing in about it everywhere, loads of clips on youtube, loads of threads on ps3 forums they dont care. totally pathetic, bloke i spoke to couldnt wait to get me off the phone!

RANT OVER!!

but just wondering, has anyone else had this problem with their playstation?? turn it on... the fan starts up, a yellow light flashes under the power button, goes beep beep beep and then goes back to a red light that starts flashing and everything shuts down?? i've got a game stuck in it and i cannot find away to get it out and im going to end up smashing it soon i swear
    Rolling in a: 57 Astra 1.7 SRi CDTi with X-Pack in Black (145K Miles).
    61 Corsa 1.4 SRi With X-pack in Silver

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try using the old Sale of Goods Act which states that electrical goods must have a suitable lifespan (6 yrs). I used that with my cousins 60GB and he got a brand new one for nothing

tell them about the game as well, but they recommend that games are not left inside the unit
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mines been okay (60gb)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    i tried mate, they wouldnt have it just kept blagging it, i even threatend to buy one off ebay for 200quid and sell this one on there as faulty sayin i'll easily get £100 for it and they just wouldnt have it

mentioned the game inside and he just said, turn it off from the back, put my finger on the eject button and turn it back on and it should come out, tried it and nothing happend and he jus said, well if you decide to send it to us we'll sort it and get the game back to you in 6 WEEKS!!!!!!

absoutly discusting man

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pepe View Post
    mines been okay (60gb) and my son leaves it on a lot. its coming up to 2yr old so ill be making sure its knocked off from now on.
    ive got problems with my psp. it wont switch on, green light comes on for a few secs nothing happens and the light goes back out.
    i had a search on google and it looks like its "bricked" ill brick the fecking thing! i feel like smashing it on the floor!!
    pathetic piece of crap
    rant over

lol mine was.. it was sound man, nothing wrong with the ps3 untill sunday night and it happend.. i left it for an hour to cool down and it was ok, come to use it yesterday and it just wernt interested.. just wouldnt switch on or anything

if i were u though mate.. theres a fan thing you can buy for about 10-15quid.. it just slots onto the end of the ps3, the cdrom side and plugs into the usb ports on the ps, blows more cold air into the ps3 to keep it cooler.. its prob a gd idea to be fair.... as regarding the psp.. kill it gd n proper.. i'd take all my anger out on it lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My son got one about 2 years ago, and about a year ago it stopped working, I phoned Sony up, they arranged for a courier to deliver a new one and take the broken one away, which they did .... have to say I got great service from them. I also took out a 5 year warranty with it at the time (which I don't normally do), because it was only £20.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    see with mine its like 11months out of warrenty so they dont give a shit... unless i decide to pay 140 for a recon ps3 they've just got no interst.. they got their ****in 400quid out of me for the knacker i've got now.. unless im willing to pay another 140quid they aint interested

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could be worse, you could have bought a 360 and be on your 17th console by now. But still its a rough deal, but this is how they make money to develop new systems.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsvetts View Post
    Could be worse, you could have bought a 360 and be on your 17th console by now. But still its a rough deal, but this is how they make money to develop new systems.
    At least MS would have replaced all 17 free of charge

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    At least MS would have replaced all 17 free of charge
    Touche!

360 all the way!!!!
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.