Thread: Taking car off the road

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Taking car off the road

After some long consideration I've decided to take my car off the road for 6 months. I want to go travelling next year and at the moment I am living to the maximum of my income and so cannot save cash. My MOT and Tax are both up this month and tbh there are things that need doing to get the car through its MOT.

My gf has a puma 1.4 that is SORN at the moment but I don't think it would require much more than a couple of new tyres and a service, tax and MOT to get it back on the road. Once on the road I would be saving at least 200 quid a month compared to the Astra so i think its worth doing.

So I'm really gutted as I love my coupe and was looking forward to the shows this summer but I guess sometimes you have to make sacrifices. Really do feel bummed tho

To make things worse someone has keyed my car all the way down one side - only noticed this morning so guess it was done last night.
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    Think of it this way...when you get her back on the road, you would have saved some money and you can fall in love with your car all over again

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would love to go travelling but doubt i ever will but if given half the chance i wouldnt look back.Its something you might never get the chance to do again tim so go for it tim and dont look back.You could start doing some bits and pieces on the coupe aswell that you dont have to spend money on.
    Europa blue turbo,the best colour by far!
    My auto-biography here- http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=157301