Thread: Weekends Work

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Weekends Work

Well yesterday decided to do somethink that has been bugging me for ages and paint the spare wheel well and toe eye thing!

Reason for it bugging me that much came about when i was following my car in my dads car and noticed this big silver blob under the rear bumper which was the wheelwell and toe eye which where painted silver to match the car.

I was going to just hammerite them but thought if i was going to do it i would do it properly and waxoil the underside to offer protection against all the daily road grime i encounter. So early yesterday morning i started by jet washing and cleaning the underside of the car then using heavy duty degreaser and elbow grease cleaned it up nicely. I then spent 2 hours painting all the underside of the car up to the Rear Beam. (Rear beam and more will be done on my next day off when the weather is nice. A few Pics

After Jetwashing (Not done degreasing yet in this pic)

After id removed all the yellow stuff that was on and any other crap i set about painting

Painted and Drying

This morning all dry

Gotta Paint the rear beam Next as you can see the rust on it. Never Noticed that before but its prob because it was filthy! Anybody know if it would be OK to waxoil this also or would i be better just hammeriting it! (Powdercoating is not an option before thats suggested!)

Also cant decide whether to paint the backbox black so the stainless steel can just doesnt stand out!
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good work there mate, made a difference.

i would just hammerite the beam, i did mine on my corsa.
    I would leave the back box, the paint might end up falking off an then it would look crap. Means having to paint it every 6 months maybe? dunno.

Painted my Corsa's beam silver, you can just see it in this pic.

I got carried away tho and ended up painting the front tie and anti roll bars as well as the engine and gearbox!! Once i get a pot of paint i dont know where to stop!!

Engine ended up like this...

I fancy doing my gsi but havent got around to it.
    Arden Blue VXR, Sat Nav, Climate, IDS+, 19"'s, AFL Xenons, Bluetooth, Keyless entry and push button start!

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Strangely enough I was doing similar to my sparewheel well yesterday

Have you polished your head shield Dave?!
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No just Degreasered it then jet washed it mate! Scousered it up in the end and painted that with Waxoil to!
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino_GSi View Post

I got carried away tho and ended up painting the front tie and anti roll bars as well as the engine and gearbox!! Once i get a pot of paint i dont know where to stop!!

Engine ended up like this...

I fancy doing my gsi but havent got around to it.
    Im the same mate with the paint pot its like wot else can i paint mow! Think i Might paint my engine bay once ive attacked it with the steam cleaner looks really good! Did you use Hammerite or special High Temperature paint?