Thread: 2.0 DTi Help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

2.0 DTi Help

My misses car keeps going into limp home mode. Vauxhall has told her its some valve and want £250 to supply and replace the valve. Can anyone tell me what the valve is and how much it would be to buy?

Its the circled Part

Made by Bosche and the numbers written on it are on the picture!

Cheers Guys
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im not 2 sure pal as that pic looks like its from several hundred years ago, lol, but it looks abit like the air flow meter, wot year is the car, i have a dti on a 51 plate, if its the same as mine i might be able to help u abit more. they didnt say anything about an egr valve did they? as mine is playin up and is quite expensive 2.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's the manifold absolute pressure sensor. It takes no more than 15 minutes to fit.

It looks like a late 2002 on model, like mine, in which case the VX part number is 93171176 and Bosch number 281 002 437.
    Black 2.0 DTi SXI Mk 4 3 door

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Im not sure on details as i wasnt there when they spoke to my misses, n she just come home and said that a valve needs replacing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Edmonds View Post
    It's the manifold absolute pressure sensor. It takes no more than 15 minutes to fit.

It looks like a late 2002 on model, like mine, in which case the VX part number is 93171176 and Bosch number 281 002 437.
    Its a 53 plate mate! That does sound about right as it the engine light that comes up on the dash which is exhaust related IIRC. Do you have any Idea on Price?
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it really is that part (because it's a sensor, not a valve) you can get a pattern one from Evilbay for 25 quid plus postage. Search using the VX part number and you should find one or two.

VX/Bosch price no idea but probably eye-watering.

Engine light is emissions, so sort of exhaust related. Whether that sensor puts that light on, I don't know, mine's got other problems too.
    Black 2.0 DTi SXI Mk 4 3 door