Status
    HID + LED Guru
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HID Poll

Hey all,

just having a wee poll here to see who all has HID (xenon) bulbs in their lights... well more specifically what are the bulbs situated in.

Just to give you a head up,

HID (Xenon) Bulbs in either halogen reflector bowls or halogen projectors is UNSAFE!! and best of all its ILLEGAL it is very dangerous as it blinds on coming traffic, and due to the fact that they are HID (High Intensity Dischrage) its even worse than driving about with your main beam on.

HID bulbs should be placed in xenon projectors and xenon projectors only... no questions.

Ano it may be very cool but.... seriously .... its way UNCOOL.

here is a couple of videos for your entertainment as well...

This guy has one halogen and one xenon... see the glare also notice the halogen bulb is actuall putting more light on the ground where its ment to be..

Click here if you cannot see the above video...

and here is Auto Express pretty much giving all you need to know.

LINKY

Thanks

Steve
    Astra VXD
    rburgring - 10:55

Scottish Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    MMMM nice viewing. I have not got them yet but have been thinking about it. But dont think I will bother now

White is the new Black

FARMYARD TUNING

LEH IS THE FUTURE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have mine installed in FK angel eyes. No flashes from oncoming traffic. Had them for around 6 months and i do alot of night driving.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ive got mine in standard lights for now and havent been flashed in the year that ive had them, although i had mine alligned once they were fitted!
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    HID + LED Guru
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millen99 View Post
    I have mine installed in FK angel eyes. No flashes from oncoming traffic. Had them for around 6 months and i do alot of night driving.

Aftermarket headlights which have H7 or H1 fittings on their projectors are made for halogen bulbs not HID bulbs so same again you will get excess glare.

what to do is park your face on to a wall about 2 meters from the wall and put you lights on then take a picture of the light cast on the wall.

post it up and you'll see what the excess glare is even with halogen projectors.

Steve
    Astra VXD

Scottish Region

Status
    HID + LED Guru
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_coupe View Post
    Ive got mine in standard lights for now and havent been flashed in the year that ive had them, although i had mine alligned once they were fitted!
    even at that, i'm the person who flashes at people for it coz its one thing that bugs me.

people will just think you have very bright lights but thats not going to help any other road user especially the elderly.

Steve
    Astra VXD

Scottish Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good enough for me Steve. The beam i get is very defined and there isn't alot of leakage at all. Far better than my standard lights with standard bulbs.

The light output is a W shape.

EDIT: i shall post it up later on. Will try and get a pic in the dark for you.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You can rectify the glare problem, I had that issue in fk angels and I sorted it by moving the bulbs back a fraction inside the housing, this focuses the light on the ground, also f.k. angels have d2s stamped on them which I believe is the factory fit bulb for Opel/vaux xenon lamps . I retrofited gm xenon headlamps to my car, these are after market lamps but are stand hid projectors, personally I think once aligned they are not the issue being made out to be
    fk's before alignment and before i focused the bulbs myself.....had to have them adjusted to lowest setting by the wheel adjuster so i wouldnt blind people

fk's aligned and focused....

no blinding leakage over the wall to the house

a lad on here who had problems aligning his.....red circles indicate light going everywhere
    Green lines are what they will look like once aligned....from what i remember he aligned them and got the light focused on the ground

and a little tip for anyone experiencing that same problem with their fk's see here....
    clicky
    i would if i could but i cant (be arsed)
    maybe I can....clicky ......now sold !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fitted my HID's into a set of angel eyes,no flashes from other drivers,traffics don't even turn their heads

Do alot of night time driving along back/unlit roads,don't use fullbeam anymore since fitting the HID's and light output is not an issue,light points where its meant to point!!

The auto express clip over exagerates the HID issue,listen to how much they paid for the HID's in the first place!!!!

I think that when fitted to projection headlights HID's are perfectly fine.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have them in all3 of our cars.

2 in projector lights in 1 set in standard MK4 Astra Lights.

My wife follows me to work most days (The ones fitted into the standard lights) and hers are fine so yes its illegal but any changes from the manufactures spec and you not informing them about the changes 'technically' means your insurance is void.

This would mean changing from the manufactures specified tyres, brake disc's and pads etc etc.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast