Thread: Eibach pro springs

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eibach pro springs

Just had eibach proline springs fitted to my mk4 gsi,the springs are 30/30mm,the back does look a good bit lower,but the front looks higher than it was,the guy that fitted them said they will settle over a month and the front will get lower due to the weight of the engine,does this sound right? any one else had this when eibachs are fitted?

azi
    Snap, that is the same as what happened to me.. lol, dont believe that guy saying they will settle. they are designed to hold that specific weight of the turboed engine so they are not likely to drop anymore. i would sell them mate and get the 50/30 springs. they looked really good making the car sit level..

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks i also think they feel a little softer than the standard ones,is it the streetline ones u got? are they much stiffer than the standard ones? As i said the back looks good,but the front looks worse

azi
    yes mate mine were the street line pro kit from lmf. i was totally annoyed when i first seen the 30/30 kit. they did sit far higher at the front than standard springs. but i can assure you that the 50/30 kit will be perfect to what you were expecting.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks just spent 120 to get them fitted and aliginment done,needed to get them done as one of my back springs was broken and it is mot time in 2 weeks,the missus is not going to be too happy when i get them done again,but i am going to get new dampers soon any way,so i will get them done at same time!Anyone want to buy a nearly new set of eibach springs?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you have to remember that the gsi is lowered 20mm over standard already so at the front you wont notice much, i had the 50/30 kit on mine and it sat well, when i spoke to lmf mick advised me to go for the 50/30 kit for this exact reason
    MR2 MK2 G-Limited
    ASTRA LINEA ROSSA