Thread: Error codes on my transplant please help!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Error codes on my transplant please help!!

Hi everyone, got some error codes kicking up on my car, finally got her started today and have drove a few miles already.

Ok so some of them are obvious, the misfire, but i don't really know at the moment what could be causing them?

I dont have a close what one of the problems actually is as i seem unable to find a meaning for it... Also, the Malfunction indicator lamp control circuit? Could this be because i haven't swapped the dash loom yet?

P0650 Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit Malfunction

P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

P2100 ?????

I would much appreciate any help / advice anyone can give.

Does anyone think just a faulty plug on cylinder 4 could cause this missfire?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read.

Cheers.

EDIT: Just to add, missfire seemed to get much worse as i drove, there wasn't really anything at all to begin with then it started and got much worse... Also, if the car is stood still and you rev it, i can't seem to hear a missfire, just seems more when its under load.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    are the plugs new?

what about the coil pack?

2100 comes up as Throttle Actuator Control - not sure if this would be the actuator on the turbo though....

When my coil pack went i had 0300/0301/0302/0303/0304 and it sounded like a scooby lol - always good to have a spare even if it doesnt cure it - just like a spare AFM or 10 lol

have u tried swapping the plugs round, resetting the codes and see if the code swaps to the other pot

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply mate.

I'm really hoping at the moment its just the plug.

Nah i aint swapped the plugs, they were the ones i got in the engine, it was something i actually over-looked as for what they cost i'd have stuck some new ones in.

Coil pack is the original though should have only covered 7k so i'm really hoping this isn't at fault.

Its going to be abit of a pain for getting to swap the plugs at the moment though as the car isn't at home, i'm down at my fiancees house so just got to not really drive it for a week or two till i get home and swap them all out for some new ones.

Mine sometimes sounds like a scooby lol, it also sometimes feels like its only running on 2 cylinders, but the only error code that comes up is 0304 so i'm guessing shes missing on only one cylinder at the moment.

Throttle actuator control? hmmm doubt its the actuator on the turbo itself, it also seems to function pretty good as when it doesn't missfire it pulls really well, but as i don't know, guess it could be a possibility. Should have a spare one or two of those somewhere.

------------------

As a seperate note, i'm now begining to wonder some more about the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit Malfunction, as when i first turn the key and start the engine, the spanner, emissions light, and traction control light come on and stay on, these haven't been out at all as of yet.

Also, i don't think the traction control / ABS seem to be working at all / or at least not properly. The light just stays lit all the time?

I don't know if some of the issues i'm having are because i haven't swapped the dash loom yet, but i wanted to wait till summer to do this.

Thanks for the help.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can't help on the others but i just had 0300 and 0302 and changed the plugs and it now pulls like a train with no noise!! I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought it sounded like a scooby!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply mate.

Little update, i managed to get some new plugs and plug spanner today, seems to have fixed the missfire problem fine.

I have only done approx 15 miles in it since i changed the plugs, but shes running pretty well now, revs free right to the limiter.

Now only problem is the other codes are still being thrown up, need to try and figgure out whats causing some of those issues and re-test the codes at somepoint soon and see if any have changed etc.

Thanks for the help so far.