Thread: Demogorgon

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Demogorgon

Hey all, just thought I'd do a biography of the car.
    Bought the car in January 2005, and it pretty much sat on the drive for just over a year as I was still using my BMW 318.

This is what she looked like before I did anything:

Not liking the steel wheels, I thought it was time for some alloys. After many arguments and 2 months wait I eventually got the set. Had to choose something with a bit of black to go with the car.

By June 06, I got the urge to do something again, but what... I know tint the windows. Off I pop to R-Tec in St. Albans to get a quote, £200 and a couple of hours later I was greeted with this sight

Not content with just going that to the car I started building my ICE install, which currently hasn't had any improvements (unfortunately), but a few designs are being toyed with in my head for the future.
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, that was that for a long time due to work/fiance problems. Off I go to uni, meaning I had to move from London to Colchester where I got flyered in the car park of Severals Park (bet it was fourteenhundred, so gonna blame him lol). That was it, bitten by the bug again.

Knowing the 8v is not the best engine to modify, I began to concentrate on aesthetic mods. First thing on the agenda, new speedo rings and blue LED conversion, one snag what dials do I need?
    After trawling through numerous threads, I got a set of Lockwood dials. Dont think anyone wants to see a pic of white dials, then blue dials, so not gonna bother

April '08.
    Noticed the exhaust was beginning to rust very badly, which left clumps of rust if the car sat for over an hour. Having been impressed with my previous Peco exhausts, off I went to look for one, and came back with this:

May '08.
    My birthday was coming up and got tons of questions as to what I wanted, all I could think about was the car, resulting in me getting an induction kit and veccy c pipe. So on they go, the sound produced was not overly offensive to the ear but gave the impression that some work had been done, so a bonus

June '08.
    Eventually got round to fitting the exhaust. My jacks could only go up to 8", so squeezed myself under the car. Seriously lads, give yourselves more room to do it, but it was worth it in the end.

Then debadged
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For a while I never had the money to do anything, as I only worked in a store for 10hrs a week on minimum wage, but due to some little shits I had to get new wing mirrors, so decided for a set of M3's.

Couldn't really afford much else after that except a slatted grill courtesy of ebay.

Dec '08.
    Fed up of not having fog lights I looked into the forums again, but never had the wiring . Determined not to fail on this task, I scoured the net to find a similar set to that of the GSi (without the major expense and having to replace the bumper). Finally, a result.... Hella Micro DE fogs. Which sat in the garage for at least a month before fitting.
    Not overly impressed with the ride height, my now gf bought me a set of Raceland coilovers (probably due to my constant whinging).

Jan '09.
    Fitted fog lights and coilovers.

March '09.
    Bought a set of Vectra heated leather seats, but my bolts are rounded off from previous owner so choice now of either sell them or try to get them fitted somehow

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ICE install

I've decided what I'm gonna do to my car next... a decent ICE install

It'll involve a touchscreen monitor in the centre console, a mac mini (running OSX... which will make a change), at least 2 sets of mids in each door, tweets in the A frame pillars, mids and tweets in the roof lining and 3 subs (my 12" in the position it is in now, and 2x10" or 2x15" subs mounted one on each side), couple of extra speakers in the parcel shelf.

will keep you informed

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rolling Road

14/03/09
    Went to Courtenay Motorsport as part of the March meet for the EA region for a rolling road. For a laught I thought it would be interesting to see what the z16se was pulling. After seeing what the z22se's and the GSi's (and one lovely mk5 VXR) was pulling, I hoped my bhp results would have been in 3 figures, but alas the bar was set a little too high and only managed a 2 figure output but at least silenced some of the skeptics who were saying I'd by in the 80's. Not overly upset with the results and was very happy with the curve created.

Mods:
    Veccy C Pipe and Evosport induction kit
    Cat back Peco Exhaust
    Iridium sparks

Power:
    BHP - 95.36
    Torque - 114.12

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ice Ice Baby!

ok, the ICE project is going to commence as soon as I decide what I want. First thing I'm gonna tackle is AMPS, then build the system around them, or in other words....run them to the max capacity.

For all the subs I might get 2 of these
    Lanzar MXA282 4000w 2 channel amp

second option is:

15" sub
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...link:middle:uk

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a little update.... my install is going to cost loads, so i'm going to save some money each month for it. Soooooooo I've decided to finish off things I have started, ie. fitting the seats, upgrading front brakes and converting the rear brakes.
    Recent changes include Angel Eyes and HID's, a coupe turbo front splitter and starting to paint the calipers/carriers.

The angel eyes and HID's
    Day time

At night

Caliper carrier (not finished since everything is a pain to clean)

Now all I need to do is upload the pics from my phone of the splitter

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it's been a while since I wrote anything here. so thought I'd put some recent pics

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let the ICE begin

After a little while searching classified add, and not the singles adds , I eventually found a sub which was the same model as mine. Since I was very happy with the existing sub, I contacted the guy, needless to say I bought it.

So today was spent fitting the second sub into the boot. Unfortunately for me, trying to fit x2 2 cub ft sub boxes into the boot prooved a bit more difficult then anticipated. The boxes wouldn't fit side by side at the back of the boot (ie. resting against rear seats) and only just fitted in at the front of the boot, leaving me with no boot space. So option 2, cut them down a bit and create a dual sub box.... perfect fit

After mounting both subs, my attention turned to wiring. I eventually decided that the best way for these to be wired would to create a 2 Ohm load (since both subs are 4 Ohm). There's me thinking, so far so good, and decided to give them a bit of a blast..... wow! what a surprise I got!

So, wiring and fitting sorted. Now its time to reconnect the 6x9's back onto a seperate amp (had to disconnect to remove the stealth shelf)..... bugger! 6x9's working fine, only problem was the subs prevented the stealth shelf to go back into place while the speakers were connected.

Knowing I would eventually upgrade my speakers, I thought I'd give the current set up a run. TBH I couldn't tell if there was any mid or high end with it all being drowned out by the subs (even with every bass control turned down to their lowest level). A new set of speakers for me then

15 mins later I returned home with 2 sets of Vibe BlackAir compents, one 6" and the other 5". Now I'm stuck till later, as I have to decide whether I should try to get the 5" components onto the stealth shelf, or mount them elsewhere.... ahhhhhhhh the decisions!!!!!!

Anyway, here's the install at this point in time

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks to SQ Man I've decided to fit my 5" components into the C pillars. Went to the local scrappy and for perfect condition (and clean) A,B&C pillars and walked away with the lot for £5. Once I've fitted the components, I'll retim the B and A pillars in the same fabric, so all that would be left is the roof lining to do.

Will keep you posted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast