Thread: FK Angel Eyes

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

FK Angel Eyes

Hi... used search but couldnt find the information i wanted...

Bascially what i am looking to do is change all of the bulbs in my FK Angel Eyes...

Obviously the indiactors to the silvertec ones are simple enough...

And from using search apparently the H1 HID kits just slip in plce of the exisiting bulbs without modification after abit of playing aboutt...

-----------------------------------
    But what i am also looking to do is change the colour/replace some of the bulbs in the halo rings themselves...

Now is this possible, what is involved, and what bulbs are required... Is it possible to make the ring say Red? Legality of this?

-----------------------------------

How do the angel eyes cope with HID? they are projector style headlights correct, but without washers on the bumpers does that then make them illegal...

One last question sorryy, with the units i noticed the height adjuster is manual, how is it you adjust the headlights as i dont quite understand how this work...

Thanks to anyone who can answer any of the questions, the main one being the halo rings themselves (The highlighted bit) thanks

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Firstly on the FK angel eyes you need H7 HID's and not H1

Having anything other than white in your halo rings will be illegal, the are 286 type bulbs though. These are fiddly to change and you will need 14 in total

You can move your electric adjuster from the old lights to the new ones, there's a large screw on the back that needs 1/4 turn to remove to slot the adjusters into

I can never remember the legalities over after market HID's. Yes factory ones need self levelers and washers, not sure about after market though. Yes loads of us have them and don't get stopped but it would be nice for someone to quote the law on this?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thankyou for clearing most of that up, with regards to the electric adjsuters i was going to attempt that but how is it i get the ball into the slot as such... as it dosnt seem to want too... alot of fiddling?

14 bulbs would complete all 4 rings?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Yes 14 bulbs is for all the halo rings

The ball slots out to one side. I find holding the actual inside of the light up easier when doing this as it releases the pressure on the ball joint
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason