Thread: Rattle's

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rattle's

I have onwed alot of vauxhall's over my years of motoring, most of them being around 5 year's old or newer. Since owning my astra hatch which is an 2003 i have never had a car rattle so much The thing is i dont have any junk in the car, no loose good's etc so all the rattel's are car-based from the interior.

For a car with low millage and tbh not really old im realy getting tired of it, my GF has had enough of me moaning too

Its enough reason to get shot of the thing as i real dont have pleasure driving what seem's like a tin of screw's and marble's

The only time i dont hear them is when jamie dugan is turned up

Can anyone give me some idea's of how to get rid, for example some form of sound-deading or expanding foam between the panels ? ? ?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Where abouts are your rattles mate?

I have a 51 plate coupe and have 1 particular rattle that annoys me! It comes from the glovebox. When going over rough road/bumps it it rattles and annoys the hell out of me.

However I have fixed it sort of lol! I have quite a few things there and, suprisingly for a glove box, a pair of mine and the gfs gloves. If i close it with these at the front so they get squashed in the door sits tight and doesnt rattle!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Used to annoy me, now i just turn my music up louder

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I get these rattles and vibrations too, one from the heater bit on the screen, something inside the glove box, the cd player rattles and the seat squeaks.
    Like you I just turn Bassline on, it seems to work lol.
    Got my astra GSI in arden blue mk3 I love it

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My bit of plastic on the B pillar rattles, quite annoying when it's right next to your ear. Also the heater bit near the window. Best thing to do is track them down and try differnet ways of wedging bits to shut it up