0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Audio Advice open day

Taken from the Talk Audio forum

Quote Originally Posted by Iain S (AKA Iain Zaf GSi) View Post
    Talk Audio Meeting - Audio Advice Northern Ireland
    Saturday 21st March 2009 11am - 3pm Date Changed, now Sat 4th April
    Ok folks - following a few enquiries re 'meetings / get togethers' for all things Car Audio, Phil has said he would gladly host a Talk Audio Meet at Audio Advice in Portadown, County Armagh. (02838336361)

We had a very successful meeting at our branch in Scotland yesterday (28/02/09) and this will be a great opportunity to do the same in N.I.

There was also an enquiry re dB drag so Phil has suggested some SPL testing to allow you loud guys the chance to get an accurate measurement.
    Phil and the lads will give up their own time and workshop space to host this event so all we need is to have a decent amount of interest to ensure it goes well.

Nigel and some of the judges from EMMA Ireland will also be there and will be able to advise any interested competitiors of competition dates and rules etc; They are a friendly bunch of guys and will be able to guide you down the right path sound off wise....

So - if you would like some system advice, SPL measurement, ideas on EMMA rules, talk to other folk with a real passion for car audio or hear some awesome demo cars (and customer cars) or even if you dont have any audio and are a total newbie to all things car audio and are based in N.I or Ireland then get your name down here. Portadown is handy for interested parties from both the North and South of the country so go on - get involved.
    This open day is not just restricted to members of Talk Audio, all are welcome.
    So, if you want to get some friendly advice about your install, listen to some fantastic demo cars or even just have your systems SPL output measured feel free to come along.
    Everyone welcome.

If you are interested in attending please start a list below.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    SQ Man, i think i've just clicked on that i mite have been in ur car 1 time at a show at the old audio advice place. bailie sat me in it while he put on a dvd. sound was awesome! me and bailie wud b gud mates. i think that's his scraggily james blunt style hair hangin out from under his hat in the last picture of that mk5 888's interior.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    System in the car has changed quite a bit since then.
    If you're about that saturday why not call round at the shop. We're hoping to have a good selection of cars on display, so you will be able to get a few demo's. Don't be afraid to ask, that's why everyone is there.

You're probably right about the untidy haircut, as he's the only one there that would be wearing a hat anywqay.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Change of event date

Due to a clash of events/dates the Audio Advice open day has been moved back to Sat. 4th April