Thread: Suspension Checks?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Suspension Checks?

Hi all, can anyone tell me what I should be checking for, when I next jack up the car? I hit a curb a while back and noticed since having the repairs done the ride quality is very poor??????

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    any ideas?
    I know springs and shocks need to be checked?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im no mechanic but ill expalin best i can

i would check the drop links( its the noramlly plastic rod that joinsa on the bottom of the shock, and runs up the side of it....google it to get a pic, ull see it) u also need to check the joints of these and make sure there is no play and the if any rubber bushes are worn.....not asure there are bushes(rubber bits the bolt goes through)on these but u get the idea hopefully....

also the wishbones could be bent, again check a pic on google again and ull find em on the bottom underneath of the car.......again when u take off the wheel u cant miss em......also there are 3 bushes on these so al;so check none of these are worn or split/splitting

also before u take the wheel off .....jack it up so the tyre not touching the ground and lift the wheel...if u can lift it up and down freely then ur shocks could be knackered....means they are not working/dampening properly.....like mine..lol..

there are a few other things that you could probably check but im not too sure.....

not sure u needed all that info but seeing as iv been looking into it for so long and having the same problem thats what i know...

hope this helps pal

J

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    cheers mate Im a novice myself so any suggestions are better than none, thanks.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmmm i curbed our new Civic Type R a while back in the snow..and its never felt the same... mite give it a few checks too... its starting to scare me now haha