Thread: Your valuable opinion please....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face Your valuable opinion please....

I'm not sure, but something's clicked inside me adn i have a yearning for a VXR, my current coupe turbo is really highly spec'd, but with no body mods (stelthy ) but currently running Courtenay stage 4 with Blisteins,ARB, Milltek the lot.

What i'd really like to know is this, IF YOU were seling yours/it, would you sell it complete, or put it back to standard, as i have all the parts .

Mucho appreciated guys, as i'm fecking confussed!!!

Thanks in advance, Jimbo
    Fully Spec'd Sleeper Coupe Turbo. OE bodywork, Courtenay FMIC, VXR Injectors, VXR afm, Milltek Exhaust, Stage 4 map, Cdti Airbox, Courtenay Top hat....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    With a modified car you really limit your market.

I recently bought an SRi Turbo, when i was looking for a car i immediatly dismissed modified cars although i've already modified it myself.

There's just something about a ready modified car, like it will never be 'all yours', if you know what i mean...lol
    Astra SRi Turbo
    281|317

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd put it back to standard if you have all the parts, otherwise you'll have less of a chance of someone wanting it.

its true what krisc said, it won't be completely thiers....that is if their in to modifying lol. who knows you might be able to get someone who doesn't even know its been modified
    >>Diary<< Status: ...........Slow and Steady.... may update more often...
    Last Updated: 27/10/2014

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i agree if its been modded it could have been screwed is the general opinion although a mojority of people who mod are enthusiasts, think when you buy a car you look for a nice clean example so the mods will put you off, i think?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My honest opinion - MY honest OPINION

I wouldn't bother changing an Astra Turbo mk4 for an Astra VXR ... they are almost the same car.

(Come on VXR owners, have a go .. I don't give a toss)

The spec of your car seems to be far higher than a VXR so if I was you and you want a different/newer/lower miles car then I'd look elsewhere and pick a more modern car.

PS: I'd sell it as standard if I could remove the parts at no cost (IE: myself) or if I couldn't, I'd sell it complete and add £500 to the price.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    depends how much you want for it really i reckon someone from here might want it????

But ill have your turbo......................
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    i would put it back to std if poss

the vxr gets a 6 speed gearbox over the coupe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Scott View Post
    My honest opinion - MY honest OPINION

I wouldn't bother changing an Astra Turbo mk4 for an Astra VXR ... they are almost the same car.

(Come on VXR owners, have a go .. I don't give a toss)

The spec of your car seems to be far higher than a VXR so if I was you and you want a different/newer/lower miles car then I'd look elsewhere and pick a more modern car.

PS: I'd sell it as standard if I could remove the parts at no cost (IE: myself) or if I couldn't, I'd sell it complete and add £500 to the price.

Wot he said about the VXR.

When i come to sell my car I'll most likely go jap and turbo'd and tbh would be looking for a heavily modded car as you can save a lot of cash on parts etc. Obviously i'd be looking for enthusiast owned rather than ragged ex boy racer but the modded part doesnt put me off as my own car is well modded and I treat mine well.

If i was looking at buying a modded car I would judge it largely on the owner and whether they seem like they've looked after it or molested it!
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its up to you but if you want the VXR then get it but as said, your car is faster and you'd have to spend a lot of money making the VXR as fast as your car. If it was me in this economy I'd return the car back to standard and sell off all aftermarket parts.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah the general theme here seems to be put it back to standard... sholdn't bee too much of a problem i guess, thanks all for you're thoughts, i guess you'll see all my stage four stuff coming up for grabs at some point soon i guess .Jimbo
    Fully Spec'd Sleeper Coupe Turbo. OE bodywork, Courtenay FMIC, VXR Injectors, VXR afm, Milltek Exhaust, Stage 4 map, Cdti Airbox, Courtenay Top hat....