Thread: Deadlocks interior lights again

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Deadlocks interior lights again

Hi just joined but already have a problem to solve, i searched though it has been covered no cure for me yet?? I have a Y reg 1.8 Sri been parked up for a couple of months in which time the battery died on me a couple of times which proved a pain as it was dead locked, and has been de-locked luckily all apart from the boot. So it was through the boot (for my son anyway) pop the bonnet charge the battery and open with the fob. Used mot'd locked again then died again repeating the above to open. I have replaced the battery all seemed ok, but now the interior lights wont go off and it wont deadlock either, i've replaced the drivers door pin with another from a Vectra, not trusting this fully as it was used i also tried the passenger one still no joy?? Whats the next thing to try . Thanks for looking.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Following up my post above, can't really remember before but just been out in the car and realised the buzzer/bell sounding even with the doors closed so it must be the door pin still at fault or circuit. So i'm going leave alone for tonight and go to Vaux tomorrow to buy a new door pin to solve or eliminate it either way for sure as i say the one i put in was used and not 100% sure the passenger side is perfect which i also swapped to try.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Disconnect the drivers switch totally and try locking

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have just tried it disconnected same thing, constant bell/buzzer till ignition turned, courtesy light still on does this mean its a seperate problem to the switch.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you got an aftermarket alarm? Penney dropped sounds like a back feed on the ignition wire have you fitted a head unit?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi got an aftermarket head unit been in there for 5 years now standard swap via the adapter leads also got an sub with built in amp again put in 5 years ago checked a couple of fuses but not sure where to start to be honest, standard security immobiliser no alarm.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like your ignition/accessory is staying on,Autosparks or someone else may know the main fuse for these disconnect and check it could just be the ignition barrel

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks i'll have a nose tomorrow and let you know if i haveany joy.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well didn't think it would make a difference after swapping them yesterday and it hasn't. So still same problem interior light on permantley (bulbs removed now) no deadlocks and the bell chime noise you get when the door is open happens with the door closed if lights are on or ignition is semi-turned??

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Steve

As I said in my pm (and for the information here too) it's likely that thr grey/white wire from the drivers pin switch is shorting to ground somewhere.

To add there could be a outside chance it's just a blown fuse and something is back feeding somewhere
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast