Thread: Sir Fred Godwin Pension?!?!?!?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sir Fred Godwin Pension?!?!?!?

anyone else hink that the government are taking the p!$$ now over this mans pension??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7917361.stm

Personally i think he should be allowed to keep it, after all it was accured over many years service and he wasnt solely responsible for what happened.

I think that the thought of retrospectively bringing in a law to take the money if absoulutly appalling and if it went to court he will wipe the floor with them.

ANyone else getting really peeved off with them trying to make a scapegoat of one man in this whole debacle!

Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi (150).
    Tinted Windows, Richbrook Gear Knob & Tax Disc Holder.
    Flip down sunglasses Holder.
    6000K HID's, Chilled Glovebox, CD70 Navi, Debadged, Samco Hoses.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    one thing about retrospective legislation...... you cannot commit a crime when its not illegal already, so won't affect him

I think its alot of money, but him taking early retirement shouldn't be awarded like that since he was going to be fired from his position in the very near future
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    He will earn more a day that most of us earn a month. I dont argee with him getting all that money,

but he worked for his pension, just like I work for mine through work. and im sure im not the only one on here

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    i read that he had already made something like £2million worth of concessions (ie forfeited money/shares etc he was entitled to under his contract), and also that he actually asked if the bank/government wanted him to take early retirement at 50, over two years ago when the governement first got involved in an advisory capacity...

i think the government should let the man be, they've made the mess by signing it off, so they can hardly go back on it.

look at it another way - if it was Gordon Brown's pension, would he be willing to forfeit more, after forfeiting a considerable amount already? I don't think so
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep that was why i thought it was stupid as he has already foreited millions of pounds of his pay benefits. and ultimately it was signed off and agreed to that deal by the bank/government so they dont have a leg to stand on.

Ultimately the gov is screwed up and they are trying to take the focus off there inept ability to control anythink by targeting someone who the can put the publics focus onto!

Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    i read that he had already made something like £2million worth of concessions (ie forfeited money/shares etc he was entitled to under his contract), and also that he actually asked if the bank/government wanted him to take early retirement at 50, over two years ago when the governement first got involved in an advisory capacity...

i think the government should let the man be, they've made the mess by signing it off, so they can hardly go back on it.

look at it another way - if it was Gordon Brown's pension, would he be willing to forfeit more, after forfeiting a considerable amount already? I don't think so

Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi (150).
    Tinted Windows, Richbrook Gear Knob & Tax Disc Holder.
    Flip down sunglasses Holder.
    6000K HID's, Chilled Glovebox, CD70 Navi, Debadged, Samco Hoses.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think he should keep it. If I was getting it, I wouldn't be volunteering to have it cut lol good on him. Gov trying to look like they are doing something tbh. Using him as a scapegoat for the banks.
    No longer an astra owner

Now a Vectra owner

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think it should be taken away from him......

And given to meeeee!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You may feel differently if you work for a Bank.

This is particularly applicable of true 'Bank' people who have worked for them for a long time, have hard-earned qualifications and make sound and cautious financial decisions.

Both my father and I worked for another certain large Bank at a time when the traditional Bank employees were being pushed aside in favour of sales people, following real 'stack 'em high and sell 'em low principles, and seeing profit over sound decisions, particularly when it came to lending. You really would not believe the joke that was the 'Business Bank' department. They lent to any Joe Soap and were applauded for their sales prowess. Look at them now.

Sorry, but people such as Fred Goodwin, who has admitted he has no Banking qualifications, led the Bank along this path, as did other Chief Executives of other large Banks, and into the oblivion that is the current Banking Crisis. They ignored all the warnings that their Banks were growing too fast, and that their Business Models were placing the Group at risk.

Now people are losing their jobs.

So I personally think he should not be allowed to keep his pension. He has to be held responsible for his actions.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i don't think he or any other person in charge of big company's should be paid what they're paid, its insulting the amout of salaries some people get. but that being said he's entitled to his pension, and i for one couldn't care less weather he gets it or not because it doesn't directly effect me, and if it did i couldn't do anything about it anyway!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The government ****ed up and they need some one to blame!

I say let him keep it, if they take it off him he will sue..he will win big!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast