Thread: window tint problems on astra sportshatch

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tints On Astra 3dr

i recently got my 57 reg astra sportshatch tinted at a local car shop. on the astra back window and the quater windows there is a black outline with black dots on the inside, when tinted these dots have came out as a solid white line visible from the outside of the car and it looks bloody awfull, i spoke to the bloke in the shop and he said that there is nothing they could do about it, that the film doesnt stick to the dots and that everytime you tint a windows with the black outline with the dots it turns out like this! is there any truth to this or is this bloke chatting nonsense? does anyone know a method to get these dots off or a way to tint the window without this strip appearing?

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Welcome to AOC mate, have moved your post into its own thread as the other one was a year old and about Zafira's

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

window tint problems on astra sportshatch

i have a 57 reg astra 3dr sportshatch and on the back window and the two quater windows there is a black outline with black dots on the inside of it, i recently got my windows tinted and where the dots are there is a white line about 20mm thick visible from the outside and it looks daft, the back window is even worse! i went back to the shop and the bloke said that the film doesnt stick inbetween the dots and theres nothing they could do about it, and that any time you tint the windows on a vauxhall with the black outline and the dots it turns out like this, is there any truth to this? does anybody know any methods to get around the problem of getting this white outline?

many thanks!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

There is some truth in what he says. Depending on how dark it has been tinted depends on how bad it shows up. Given time it should dry out and not be so bad. I think they should have at least offered to press it down some more after a week or so though
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The advice I had when mine was done was to leave it a week, then using a cloth run around the edges pushing the film tight against the dots. Did so and all looked good.
    08 5Dr Design, De-badged, VXR Style pack, Window Tints

55 1.7cdti Astra Van