Thread: 1.6 twinport engine light - cold starts

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.6 twinport engine light - cold starts

Hi peeps im new here, the other half has a late 04 reg "astra g" 1.6 twinport sxi...

Some mornings when cold the yellow spanner light comes on, if you turn off and turn back on it stays off for the rest of the day

I have had it on diag and it says "P1131 - port de-activation due to low voltage"

does anyone know wtf this means. many thanks

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra H Design 2.0T
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Hi mate,

Welcome!

The twinport, as I understand it has a 2 ports. Blocking one off at low RPM - to basically be more economical.

Now whether your error code means it couldn't close the port, or counldn't open the port is key. If it couldn't close the port then you won't see the benifits of a Twinport motor..... if it couldn't open it, then your going to see a perfomance drop ...

Someone a bit more engine sparky minded should be able to clarify this .....

J
    Astra MK4 SXI 1.6 Twinport [Z16XEP] (2004) & Astra MK5 Design 2.0T [Z20LEL] (2006) & Zafira MK1 [Z18XE] (2003)|| Astra MK4 1.6 SXI [Z16XE] (2002) || Astra MK5 VXR [Z20LEH] (2007) || Astra MK4 1.6 SXI [Z16XE] (2001) || Vectra MK2 1.6 LS (1999) || Astra MK2 1.4 Merit (1990)

Click here for the How To's

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra H Design 2.0T
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Found this in a thread ....

J
    Astra MK4 SXI 1.6 Twinport [Z16XEP] (2004) & Astra MK5 Design 2.0T [Z20LEL] (2006) & Zafira MK1 [Z18XE] (2003)|| Astra MK4 1.6 SXI [Z16XE] (2002) || Astra MK5 VXR [Z20LEH] (2007) || Astra MK4 1.6 SXI [Z16XE] (2001) || Vectra MK2 1.6 LS (1999) || Astra MK2 1.4 Merit (1990)

Click here for the How To's

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for your help. the car drives normal even with the light on. turn it off and back on and the light one come on till the next morning... very strnage and very annoying

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyelse getting this on twinport engine?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have had that light on for a nearly 2 years had it plugged in could not get in to the car computer. I have a problem with my central locking will not work any ideas

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exboss View Post
    i have had that light on for a nearly 2 years had it plugged in could not get in to the car computer. I have a problem with my central locking will not work any ideas

do the pedal test to see if any codes are returned

details here: http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...78&postcount=2

**info above lifted from another thread - it looks complicated but its not - just put it in that form as an idiots guide**

just a case of pressing brake and accelerator to the floor - keep em pressed and turn on ignition to second click - DONT start engine

watch the EML flash and pause and note the sequence of flashes and pauses etc

This method is presuming its in fact the car/spanner light as used on models from 2000 onwards - earlier models use another light and procedure for reading the codes