Thread: Todays machine clean - pictures on page3

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Todays machine clean - pictures on page3

Right, 1st of all, apologise for pictures. Getting 50/50 shots was impossible, sun kept going behind clouds, and I have no bright lights. So there is only 1 50/50 lol.

I started around 9AM and finished just before 4PM, so 7 hours in total and not everything was done. Every single muscle in my body is now aching though

As it stood this morning, looking nice and clean

Start off with some snow foam - a mix of Auto Rae Chem + a little chemical citrus wash

This was left to drip, while I got the bucket + water ready

Chemical Citrus Gloss - decided to use this as it would strip off most the old wax. Didn't bother claying the car as it was only done a few weeks ago.

The car was then pressured washed

Then hand cleaned

And dried with my new towel - its very good, about £9 on offer at cleanyourcar

Masked up ready for a 50/50 which I failed at

The machine - Meguiars G220 with Sonus pads + polish. I started off with just the final finish polish and pad to see what could be done. Wasn't aggressive enough though so started with the SFX1 pad + polish.

Lots of swirls on roof

My only 50/50 shot, swirls at top, polished at bottom

Nearly all swirls gone

More swirls

I then forgot to take any pictures, but whole car was done with SFX1 polish + pad, and then done again with SFX3 final finish pad + polish

Car was then washed again to remove dust + bits of polish that had spun off the machine. this time round I used Chemical guys bodywash and wax.

Was then dried again, using the same towel as the first time - it really was that good. I had to use a second towel to finish off the last panel or two. But drying the whole car twice with one towel is good going, especially as there wasn't any wax on the car the 2nd time round and not a lot the 1st time.

Quick reflection shot

Then onto the wax - Dodo juice blue velvet. I applied this, and then went round and dressed the tyres with Meguiars high endurance

And buffed off

Was a long and tiring day lol. I didn't polish below the doors bump strips or the sideskirts. Both of these will need doing another day as I was aching to much and had nothing to kneel on

Overall was pretty impressed with the G220, scared me at one point as it stopped working after just panels. No idea why, took the back off where the power cable terminates to check the wires hadn't fallen off, all looked ok so screwed it back together, switched it on and it started working again
    Apart from that it all went smoothly

Comments welcome as are any tips. Hopefully I will take to a multistory car park later tonight for some more pictures to try and show the finish a bit better

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Looking excellent mate, fancy doing mine

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishtaz View Post
    Looking excellent mate, fancy doing mine
    Cheers, hehe think after all the polishing Ben has done on yours the machine won't make much difference. Silver covers swirls mark pretty good anyway lol.

Cheers for your signature as well mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    great work dave.
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle View Post
    Cheers, hehe think after all the polishing Ben has done on yours the machine won't make much difference. Silver covers swirls mark pretty good anyway lol.

Cheers for your signature as well mate

i havent polished barries yet.
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    No probs mate, would be nice to get the swirls off my car though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Mate you really shouldn't have put those pics up!! You're potentially going to cost me a bit of money lol.

I like how you've gone from your barrel of Qs, to picking up the kit & using it bringing out those results. Very impressed.

I like what i see. I've plenty of swirl marks on mine, but more than that, i wonder what that bit of kit could do for the fine scratches that are on my car right now.

Especially the damage that was left by de-badging.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Top work there Dave, glad you got on ok with it all in the end mate.

Looks nice and shiney
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that looks amazing mate, the colour of your car looks awsome polished up. Paint looks really deep now
    Car of the Month - August 07
    Car of the Month - June 08
    Car of the Show - PV 08
    Top 5 - VBOA 09

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post
    I like what i see. I've plenty of swirl marks on mine, but more than that, i wonder what that bit of kit could do for the fine scratches that are on my car right now.
    I think it would remove them ok, i didn't want to risk trying to remove scratches on my first time using it. But the scratches that were on the car are a lot more dull now and blended into the paint much better.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast