Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up Heavy Duty Springs - Rear of Estate

HI there,

I've started to use my astra estate ('99 2.0 DI) for work, and so I put all my tools in the boot, therefore the rear suspension sags quite a bit (the boot is pretty much chocka full of tools), and looks pretty rubbish. Also will it affect the springs if I leave my tools in there most of the time (who can be bothered unloading all their tools at the start and end of each day!?)

Are there any heavy duty type springs that would stop it sagging so much at the back, I'm not fussed about lowering it, didn't really want to do that , but if the springs available would do that and thats my only option...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lowering springs are your only option and they would have to be ones for diesel estate as they have the strongest springs from the factory due to engine and the size of the car I would say loading the car with tools would eventually take it's toll on the springs as age and compression

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    give coilsprings a ring they would be able to make you some higher poundage springs so you can keep standard height

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Some Cavalier Rear Springs may give you enough extra lift.

Get the Beam ones, not IRS.
    How Tos . Parts For Sale
    The two most life changing experiences you'll ever have. Finding Jesus, and having a baby.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think I'll have to give coilsprings a ring/drop them a line and see what they can do...and of course what it will cost.

Just thinking about 'normal' lowering springs, if I were to opt for 30mm lowering ones, are they actually any stiffer than the standard ones, and would they do the trick?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi in UK View Post
    Think I'll have to give coilsprings a ring/drop them a line and see what they can do...and of course what it will cost.

Just thinking about 'normal' lowering springs, if I were to opt for 30mm lowering ones, are they actually any stiffer than the standard ones, and would they do the trick?
    They are stiffer, would they work? don't know the weight of all your tools, maybe best for the custom app.