Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help with my new astra

i have just been given a 98 r reg astra 1.6 16v sport but i will explain,

i had it with the car broke in the lock,i tock all of the steering and broke a new key,lock and the black bit around the steering,i put it all back together and the engine turns over but it does not start,i have the engine management light,can i get this of???i hope somebody can help??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If I understand you correctly it sounds like you have replaced the steering lock (ignition barrel ) and key ,
    But it sounds like you haven't the matching imobiliser chip out of the original key for the car ,As without this the car is NEVER going to start ,
    If you haven't got it then need to get an auto electrition bypass the imbiliser OR get another ecu +key from a breakers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil w View Post
    If I understand you correctly it sounds like you have replaced the steering lock (ignition barrel ) and key ,
    But it sounds like you haven't the matching imobiliser chip out of the original key for the car ,As without this the car is NEVER going to start ,
    If you haven't got it then need to get an auto electrition bypass the imbiliser OR get another ecu +key from a breakers

Im glad you could understand him lol..