Thread: Fit sub

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fit sub

Greetings! New here just got my new Astra 5dr HB Elite Ultra Blue and love it!

I've gotta active sub (Vibe 2) I want to wire up in the boot. I already have a power cable there. Just needs audio and rem ignition.

HU is the CD30MP3.

I've got a high level to low level rca I bought from Halfords, which I want to connect in with the rear door speakers. Where is the easiest place to access the cable?
    I'm assuming its not a standard ISO block so that I can cut into a speaker extender. Otherwise I need to cut into somewhere well hidden to not void warranty.

I also have read somewhere that there is an ignition cable in the fuse box in the boot?

Could someone guide me in the right direction for these two cables to save me from taking all the headunit out? Don't want to scratch the piano gloss!

Thanks very much for any help, look forward to being a member of this Astra community!

-Dale!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome Dale

Your correct that there isn't a standard ISO block on the back of the headunit, it's now quadlock which seems to be the new standard! In all honesty though your still going to be best to take the wires from there otherwise you'll be taking cables from everywhere

Some cars have a ignition feed in the boot, it all depends if you have the full fuse box in the back or not
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for reply.

Took radio out 2night can see the quadlock. Gonna have to cut into speaker wires there then. On the Autoleads PC1-601 Speaker Line Out Convertor to RCA, it has a black earth cable.

I'll quote instructions as don't quite get it!

Common Earth Radios - Connect the striped white and grey leads (left 'negative' and right 'channel input') to the black ground wire. Then connect all three to the chasis earth of the radio or deck.
    There is a black ground wire on back of radio, does this want connecting?
    The instructions seem to suggest left channel negative and right channel positive cables??
    Really confused!

Also how would I know about the fuse box being full? It's faily masive and the only one in the car (at least interior).

Thanks again

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    Some cars have a ignition feed in the boot, it all depends if you have the full fuse box in the back or not
    Im having the same issues and all i need to do is power the sub now, how can I tell if the fusebox in the back is the full one and if there is a switching power located on one of these?

No luck with the Volt Meter at the moment.

P.S will the sub have to be powered off the main batter otherwise?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

The sub's always going to have to take it's main feed from the batterys positive terminal it's just the remote needs to be switched

If you open the flap on the passenger side of the boot there will either be a large fuse box or just a couple of relays and fuses
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the full fuse box, with all the connectors for lights etc.

Ive ran the power straight off the battery now, I just need to work out which is the switching volt on the rear panels so I can connect up the sub to it.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    If you look at the rear fuse box there will be 3 large connectors on the left of it and 1 large connector on the right? In that large connector on the right will be a black wire thats controled by fuse 18