Thread: 1984 astra gte mk1

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1984 astra gte mk1

Hi there was wandering if anyone could help me out on this one i have a 1984 astra gte lovely car but have a small problem with it running , when driving car around town its excellent but after about 10 or 15 miles on motorway when you try to accelerate hard it just starts slowing up like its fuel starved now im a mechanic but this car is before my time lol i have cleaned out tank cleaned fuel lines had injectors tested one was faulty so replaced it new fuel pump , filter , fuel regulator , leads , plugs , still this problem occurs the only thing i have noticed is that sometimes the fuel pump changes its note now and then from quiet to really loud could i have a faulty pump and also is there away i could check the air mass meter . the car has also been timed correctly to take unleaded , one last thing lol when its starts to stutter i pull over for few seconds shut it of and start it again foot down and its of like a rocket , i plugged in a test guauge on the fuel lines and gradually ( slowly ) it starts to lose fuel pressure . the end can anyone out there help me on this matter thanks

fdrightup
    Quote Originally Posted by a888tts View Post
    Hi there was wandering if anyone could help me out on this one i have a 1984 astra gte lovely car but have a small problem with it running , when driving car around town its excellent but after about 10 or 15 miles on motorway when you try to accelerate hard it just starts slowing up like its fuel starved now im a mechanic but this car is before my time lol i have cleaned out tank cleaned fuel lines had injectors tested one was faulty so replaced it new fuel pump , filter , fuel regulator , leads , plugs , still this problem occurs the only thing i have noticed is that sometimes the fuel pump changes its note now and then from quiet to really loud could i have a faulty pump and also is there away i could check the air mass meter . the car has also been timed correctly to take unleaded , one last thing lol when its starts to stutter i pull over for few seconds shut it of and start it again foot down and its of like a rocket , i plugged in a test guauge on the fuel lines and gradually ( slowly ) it starts to lose fuel pressure . the end can anyone out there help me on this matter thanks
    do you have a cone air filter or a airbox

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

gte

everything on car is completely standard