Thread: Amp Problems

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Amp Problems

I was driving along and my amp cut out and my subs stopped working. I have got power to the amp but no output from the subs and all my connections are tight.

Anybody got any ideas what I can try or what the problem is?

Thanks in advance

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could be any manner of things, you'll have to start from one end and work your way through.

First off, is the amp receiving any audio? Try connecting an iPod directly to an amp (use a headphone->phono lead) and see if that works. If it does then your have no signal coming from the headunit, this could be due to settings or a loose/bad connection. If you don't get audio from the amp then you need to look at all the connections, check all the fuses (the amp may have one fuse for the control section (lights up etc) but another for the power amplifier - check the manual. What you could try is connecting another speaker/woofer to the amp in place of your subwoofer, do this carefully ensuring that your bring your amp's volume up slowly!

If audio is getting to the amp but nothing is working, see if you can hook your sub up to another amp to test that (using the same cable). At this point you'll have to take the amp out, check all the settings/connections etc and then consider repair/replacement.