Thread: Dodo Juice test products results.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dodo Juice test products results.

Ok after testing some stuff Dom sent me i have finally had a weekend with them..

My test car was (Perry,s and Gemma,s) Nurburgring24 and a simple 3 hours on it to see what i thought of the products..

First up was the shampoo..

DODO JUICE SOUR POWER

I tried this in 3 buckets with different quantities to see if foaming lubricity etc altered and was completely surprised that even the single shot i gave the large bucket was ample enough to give me a wash solution that was all round exactly what i needed.... This was the last of the 3 buckets the single squirt infact hardly any at all to be honest...

I mean look at the foaming from that bucket...

Car was then washed with this and then sprayed with

DODO JUICE TIME TO DRY

This did a good job to be honest , would i actually swop this for Last Touch im unsure because im so used to last touch now and i also dont know what is in Time To Dry compared but it did what it said on the tin , my only concern would be the size but in saying that i reckon i could dry 20 to 25 cars with the bottle so thats nearly half a year if you wash every weekend as a general rule...

The car was then dryed with a

DODO JUICE SUPERNATURAL DRYING TOWEL

As ive mentioned this towel is absolutely huge , not only is it a fantastic quality the edgeing is superb , it loses very little fluff and the pile is really deep and under a microscope i reckon the fibres soak up an incredible amount volume per size , i really believe this towel could dry a range rover and still not appear very damp such were my first impressions of it..

After using the towel i was right , it soaked up water incredibly well , left no fluffing and i was able to turn it after drying to buff the paintwork slighly as it was really not damp at all , the only area that became wet was the foot of the towel where i had placed it by the grilling area which soaked up a pool of water....My only concern for some people is that if not used correctly lower down it may drop and drag on the floor because it is that huge and if the arches and conspicuos areas are not thoroughtly washed then the towel beng pure white will look very dirty in no time at all but they are minor negatives , i would liked to have seen this towel in a colour like powder blue if given a choice..

The other product i tried although on next doors van when they were out was

DODO JUICE BORN SLIPPY CLAY LUBE

This was a very quick test with sonus green as i had to accidently wet the area with my power washer after. The clay lube worked very very well and a really nice smell. Im not a fan of buying after market clay lubes because i make my own and they suffice but i understand people that would rather have a product than tip their toe in the water and make it , a small amount actually went a long way with this lube and its defo worth the money if claying once every 6 months the bottle will do 2 cars easily i feel.

So all in all what did i conclude

The shampoo in my honest opinion is the best shampoo i have ever used and i dont say that lightly , maxi suds has always been my favourite but i felt Sour Power tipped it as maxi does not feel quite the same on the surface , i think Maxi suds may be a cheaper option when purchaseing by the gallon but this test for me was simply the best product not the cheapest by volume , the other thing i liked was the foaming that Sour Power gave and after quite a while the foam was still abundant as the EXIF Data from my photos shows i left it quite a while outside to dwell. Absolutely first class.

Time To Dry again a very good product that if someone wanted a drying detailer is a go for it but cost could be a sticking point if its simply to dry because i feel last touch would win that one but Time To Dry may be more about the finished look if no other stages were used after this stage , call it an all in one drying gloss finshing product maybe , im unsure of the chemistry in this product so cant comment.

The Supernatural drying towel again beat the Aquatouch which has been my favourite of all time...This drying towel i will be using from now onwards , it is simply huge , superb and first class quality. Colour concerns me alot for a professional detailer due to getting a dirty looking drying towel out after a few uses but for quality and practiczlity and ease of use nothing touches it in my eyes...

Finally

DODO JUICE RED MIST QUICK DETAILER

Red Mist blew me away again....I actually txt Dom today sayng i didnt even know how to put this all online because it sounds so corny but it was simply superb...I have about 5 or 6 quick detailers in my garage now to play with and test from Adams etc all from America and this Red Mist was something else...Im sure many people have used it and im unsure on ther thoughts but i loved it. My only negative on it was speed of use , i found after initially spraying it needed working and spreading quite quickly as it seemed quite thick compared to detailers like Last Touch and Field Glaze and Crystal Mist and maybe this is where it actually wins in its viscosity. I found that after a few squirts and leaving it was more a case of spreading it on the panel rather than wiping it but dont get me wrong we are not talking much and the finish was first class..I compare it alongside z8 which is my only detailer i use on my own car.Red Mist is a must i think.. Here is a photo of Perrys car actually red misted...

Finally a video of the drying towel , unfortunately my son sniffed all the way through it and didnt realise he was supposed to follow me but never mind was all good fun...

Heavenly Paintwork is simply Heaven Itself.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    most importantly, what do they smell of.

I got so hungry detailing today
    Drives:Mazda 6 MPS- Zoom Zoom

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haulme View Post
    most importantly, what do they smell of.

I got so hungry detailing today

haha me too, the sour power is apple ish lol

Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi (150).
    Tinted Windows, Richbrook Gear Knob & Tax Disc Holder.
    Flip down sunglasses Holder.
    6000K HID's, Chilled Glovebox, CD70 Navi, Debadged, Samco Hoses.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks marc. great reviews and by the sounds of it great products aswell.

also thread title edited.
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Good write up mate. Shame Dodo Juice products are quite expensive, but I guess they are worth the money.