Thread: So tell me about Cyprus

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

So tell me about Cyprus

Jace and I are due to go on holiday to Limassol in Cypus in mid May and I have never been before so I wondered if anyone could shed some light on the best attractions or passtimes. Whether there is anywhere good to snorkel, waterparks, where the best beaches are etc.

All help gratefully recieved.

Cheers
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For waterparks I have to insist you go to the one in Pathos, we had a great day out there and it was such a laugh! I presume you are flying in from Pathos so it isn't too far

I have no idea what else there is on that part of the island as I stayed near Polis, sorry

Back there in September though

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    Its hot, everythings is brown, the watermelons are to die for, and even if the biscuit tin is sealed with sellotape, ants can still find their way in??

Oh I saw my first live Armaldildo shuffling along out there, the sand at Paphos beach is so hot you have to run across it, and if you are not used to the sun, you get burnt really badly in the space of 10 mins in the middle of the day, and I mean lobster like, and its really not funny.

I didn't really do much sight seeing as we stayed on the army base there (Akrotiri (sp)) and they had a stunning little cove there called Dreamers Bay, but nobody warned me that the helicopters fly really low and it was a bit like a scene from Airwolf with this helicopter rising above the ledge with me scrambling trying to get my binki top back on. The first and last time I ever went topless LOL!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    go along 2 Pathos it is a lovely places my mates family live over there, i went a few years ago and the weather wsa lovely ur goin mid peck so it only started gettin warm over there but still hot step is the best time of year over there, hitting at 110/120 when i was last there

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    water park in ayia nappa is great, Limasol looks quite built up / industrial till you get right onto the front - No traffic next to beaches as all hotels back onto sand. Big marina worth a look round, if your hiring a car have a run up into troodos mountains, visit the Capitol city Nicosia - still divided by a wall from Turkish invasion and some historic sites - mainly around Pathos. Try brandy sour local speciallity drink and Keo (beer) or Carlsburg both brewed locally. Cypriots very friendly.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    was on ayanapa several years ago

loved it

weather is HOT HOT HOT but the country is awsome

water park i went to was also awsome but not sure which one it was

loads of stuff to do as well
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that would be waterworld, they have a website - one of the best waterparks in europe... http://www.waterworldwaterpark.com/

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im from north cyprus and i can say that is a lovely place to visit...i have never been to the greek side though

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Not been for a few years, however the russians were getting a stronghold on the bars. I'd always used to avoid Titanic Club (was russian mafia). Basement is a good club. Just be wary of taxi drivers wanting to take you a club. You will be OK as a couple though.

There is good diving to be had at the yaught club at the Eastern end of Limassol. It's the best holiday diving I've had albeit the Paddy introduction to diving course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kourion is worth a look if your after roman stuff as is the kings tombs near Paphos

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
    Just be wary of taxi drivers wanting to take you a club. You will be OK as a couple though.
    Agree with that 100%.

My ex went there, one of them got 'mislaid' on one club, so he got into a taxi to try to get back to the appt where they were staying and he ended up being taken to the back of a club with a knife against his throat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast