Thread: Autoglym HD Wax

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Autoglym HD Wax

Ok well I've never used any form of wax before, so this is my first. We got it in at work, and at £40 it's not exactly the cheapest, but being AG I thought it would probably be good. I use AG everything else so thought I may as well .

So I cleaned the car with the AG shampoo, clayed, dried, polished with AG SRP, then applied the wax. It goes on easily with the included applicator pads, and comes off easily too with enclosed microfibre!

It's a white car, so not the best for testing wax, but I'm very impressed with the beading and overall cleanliness of the car now. It's usually pretty clean after I'm finished with the standard stuff, but the paintwork felt soft after this clean.

To sum up I'm very impressed with the results, I've never used wax before and it gave me a good result without any experience or effort. I think it's worth the £40 price tag (at Halfords anyway lol), but next time I'll try some colly 476 to compare it to.

Pics:

Cheers for reading!
    Skoda Fabia vRS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that looks really shiney for white my mate uses this on his puple mk3 astra and swears by it but as you say it is a bit dear
    never drink and drive .you might spill your drink
    **** n/a turbo is the way

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im not a fan of ag stuff and £40 a tub seems a bit expensive for ag. much better waxes can be bought for the same price if not less.

nice results though
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    "Female"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lovely shine, good beading too! I really like this wax and if you go to the shows in the summer you will be able to get it for £20.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got hold of some of this at the weekend, I thought the results were very positive, and it's very easy to buff off compared to my Megx Tech Wax.
    Would reccomend it. It's not the worse and it's not the best. Good results though.
    Coupe Turbo Evolution - 320ps