Thread: New car questions!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile New car questions!!

Hi all..i'm new on here so go easy on me!! Been on the Renault scene for the last 16 years and decided to give it all up and become a sensible 2 car family for once!!

I'm picking my Zaffy GSI up in 3 weeks..bought my bosses car off him, its a 52 reg Arden Blue GSI with 75k, full VSH and completely standard...but not for long

I've got a mate thats got a 'Ring edition Astra VXR (used to own an Astra GSI Turbo) and he's told me the 1st things to do...

1/ Airbox mod..I figure i'm going to take a trip to the stealer and buy myself a nice new CDTI airbox assembly and fit a K+N panel filter.

2/ Decatted downpipe

3/ Iridium plugs?? (although I'm sure I read somewhere on here that someone advised against fitting them?)

4/ Stage 1 remap..Regal or Courtney?? Which on gives the best service and results..maybe opening a 'can 'o' worms' but peoples honest opinions would be nice.

Then drive it and enjoy it!!

I'm also going to get the wheels refurb'd...was thinking of having them powder coated in Anthracite....does anyone have any pics of an Arden blue GSI with standard rims in Anthracite so I can see whether it'll suit it??

I await your replies with open arms!!!

Cheers,

Roj

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    firstly.

Welcome to the club mate!!!

Secondly, dont bother going to a stealer, go direct to Vauxhall (VX) for the airbox mod, its only about £15 all in anyways!

next, er im out!! *runs away*

Im sure wavey bluewater (300bhp zaffy gsi) and the likes will be around soon mate!

Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi (150).
    Tinted Windows, Richbrook Gear Knob & Tax Disc Holder.
    Flip down sunglasses Holder.
    6000K HID's, Chilled Glovebox, CD70 Navi, Debadged, Samco Hoses.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads Taxi View Post
    1/ Airbox mod..I figure i'm going to take a trip to the stealer and buy myself a nice new CDTI airbox assembly and fit a K+N panel filter. Well worth doing

2/ Decatted downpipe Also well worth doing, about 5-10bhp

3/ Iridium plugs?? (although I'm sure I read somewhere on here that someone advised against fitting them?) Been a few horror stories of the tips falling off the plugs. I won't be fitting another set once my current ones are replaced

4/ Stage 1 remap..Regal or Courtney?? Which on gives the best service and results..maybe opening a 'can 'o' worms' but peoples honest opinions would be nice. Which ever is closer is best. Regal tend to get better figures, but CS maps are supposidly smoother and not as aggressive. I use an EDS (regal) map, but only because I wanted a mapping tool, and the Regal IPF is the only one available at the moment for the LET
    Hope that helps a bit.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads Taxi View Post
    Hi all..i'm new on here so go easy on me!! Been on the Renault scene for the last 16 years and decided to give it all up and become a sensible 2 car family for once!!

I'm picking my Zaffy GSI up in 3 weeks..bought my bosses car off him, its a 52 reg Arden Blue GSI with 75k, full VSH and completely standard...but not for long

I've got a mate thats got a 'Ring edition Astra VXR (used to own an Astra GSI Turbo) and he's told me the 1st things to do...

1/ Airbox mod..I figure i'm going to take a trip to the stealer and buy myself a nice new CDTI airbox assembly and fit a K+N panel filter.

2/ Decatted downpipe

3/ Iridium plugs?? (although I'm sure I read somewhere on here that someone advised against fitting them?)

4/ Stage 1 remap..Regal or Courtney?? Which on gives the best service and results..maybe opening a 'can 'o' worms' but peoples honest opinions would be nice.

Then drive it and enjoy it!!

I'm also going to get the wheels refurb'd...was thinking of having them powder coated in Anthracite....does anyone have any pics of an Arden blue GSI with standard rims in Anthracite so I can see whether it'll suit it??

I await your replies with open arms!!!

Cheers,

Roj
    1.cdti airbox is Easy to fit you will need a few bits of pipe work
    1 x 70mm Bore 90° Elbow
    1 x 70 >60 Bore 90° Reducing Elbow
    1 x 70mm joiner
    4 x hose clips 75mm to 85mm
    1 x 16mm breather pipe into bottom of airbox

2 if would be me that says stay away from Iridium plugs in turbo cars
    tips drop off some times an kill a engine
    go for a CHAQC57C
    CHAMPION FAST ROAD SPARK PLUG: COSWORTH YB buy them from
    https://www.burtonpower.com/product_...px?CCode=PC080
    3. any decat down pipe will be fine
    4. on remaps i have the Regal IPF an think its a good bit of Kit as i can change my map's around at home
    one day run stage 1 then on weekend run stage 3