Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: taking spacer out of OE dumpvale and puting sping back in ?

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    paul_gsi's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,110
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    taking spacer out of OE dumpvale and puting sping back in ?

    ok geting shot of my dv, and puting it back to norm, how hard is it to take the spacer out of the oe dumpvale? and put the spring back in, what tool's would you need?

    would it needed to be done on ramp's? as when it was fitted?

    be very greatful for a helpful reply

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    SRI-T Keithy's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,745
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Short 5mm allen key will do they job and I am sure you dont need the car in the air to do. I take it you still have the spring?

    White is the new Black

    FARMYARD TUNING

    LEH IS THE FUTURE

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    paul_gsi's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,110
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SRI-T Keithy View Post
    Short 5mm allen key will do they job and I am sure you dont need the car in the air to do. I take it you still have the spring?

    when the guy that fitted done it he give me the 3 bolt's and the did'nt have a allen key hole? and he said dont come back to me if you want it taking out lol,

    but yeah i still have the spring, as iv been told you carnt buy them,

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Matt_GSi's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would of been easier if the bolts were in instead of the allen ones. A bit of patience as its a bit fiddly just make sure when you get the spring in and the bolts loosely jiggle it about abit into position then finger tighten the bolts to make sure its a perfect seal then tighten

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    52Minty's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I took my dv off and reverted back to the standard dv and it was a right fiddly job but not difficult. As for the allen key bolts i ditched those as they are a pain to get back in and tighten and replaced them with normal bolts which makes it easier to tighten up.

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    paul_gsi's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,110
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Minty View Post
    I took my dv off and reverted back to the standard dv and it was a right fiddly job but not difficult. As for the allen key bolts i ditched those as they are a pain to get back in and tighten and replaced them with normal bolts which makes it easier to tighten up.

    where you having boost prob's or just sick of it? and was there a big diffrance in the car or any when you put it back in?

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    52Minty's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_gsi View Post
    where you having boost prob's or just sick of it? and was there a big diffrance in the car or any when you put it back in?
    Tbh I got sick of attracting the "wrong attention" every time i changed up or layed off the gas so that was the main reason for taking it off.
    After going back to the standard set up the car felt slightly perkier and was smoother in town traffic.
    So not really a big difference in performance but just felt smoother to drive and i now get a nice fluttering sound from the turbo instead of a Phhssssstt every time i change gear or drop the revs off.

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    paul_gsi's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,110
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Minty View Post
    Tbh I got sick of attracting the "wrong attention" every time i changed up or layed off the gas so that was the main reason for taking it off.
    After going back to the standard set up the car felt slightly perkier and was smoother in town traffic.
    So not really a big difference in performance but just felt smoother to drive and i now get a nice fluttering sound from the turbo instead of a Phhssssstt every time i change gear or drop the revs off.

    cheer's for the reply matey, im thinking of geting a the vxr 1 off regal as it'll help when i get it remaped, instead of puting a dv back on here's the link,

    http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/acatalog...er_Valves.html

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    Gnasher's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Minty View Post
    Tbh I got sick of attracting the "wrong attention" every time i changed up or layed off the gas so that was the main reason for taking it off.
    After going back to the standard set up the car felt slightly perkier and was smoother in town traffic.
    So not really a big difference in performance but just felt smoother to drive and i now get a nice fluttering sound from the turbo instead of a Phhssssstt every time i change gear or drop the revs off.
    That 'nice fluttering sound' is (if I'm not very much mistaken) turbo stall, caused by air backing up and stalling the turbo. I would double check all your vacuum connections to see if they are all okay. On high boost applications, it has been known to bend the turbo shaft!
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    52Minty's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought turbo stall was normal to a certain degree.? Where should i look for the vacuum lines..and am i right in assuming i should be looking for a blockage or a split hose?

Similar Threads

  1. Chances of taking an item back without the receipt (HMV to be specific)?
    By Kev. in forum Chit Chat and a Warm Welcome!
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 26-12-2009, 23:24
  2. dumpvale,,,not dumping,
    By paul_gsi in forum Turbo Petrol Engines inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-01-2009, 19:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •