Thread: A Confusing Problem

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question A Confusing Problem

Ok i'll try and keep things simple but its not easy so please try and bare with me.

On the 9th September 2008 I was involved in a RTA and subseqently my Coupe was a Cat C Write off. On hearing this from the insurance company I proceeded to place my Private Registration on Rentention. (R33CHD).

Several Months later I bought another car after owning it for a couple of weeks I decided I wanted to put my private reg. on the car, So back to DVLA and had it placed onto the car.

Now the confusing part,

The monday before last I applied to have the Private reg. put on retension again as i'm looking to sell the car,I recieved all the new documentation (V5, Mot, Tax) for the Old reg. Y425 ***.

I manage to sell the car and the buyer comes today to collect, He decides to be cautious and HPI it before signing all the documents. Upon doing this the Y425 *** doesnt come us as been asigned to a Vehicle, So he asks,

"What was the reg before as it takes a few days for the system to update" So I inform him, He then gets advised that the car was a Cat C write off in Septemer 08. So He decides to leave it as its not what he wants.

Know, I know this car hasnt got any history of accidents or etc, But the Registration he checked (R33CHD) has been, as stated right at the begining. I have no worries that once the system has been updated that the current reg will come back with no history.

So my question is this Is my Private reg going to carry a marker of a Cat C writeoff to whatever car is occupies or have DVLA made a mistake because surely its the vehicle and not that registration that was involved.

Sorry for the essay, but does anyone have any thoughts on this or any experience / advice of what to do next.

Thanks

Richie

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have any thoughts

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd be phoning DVLA

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ^^ i agree with Lee, there the best lot to talk to.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well apparently on DVLA the records are correct, But because the Insurance company didnt have the Vin for the astra, according to the insurance database they allocated that accident to the registration. I have to now contact my previous insurers and ask them to update the information.

But DVLA were less than forthcoming with that information !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Insurance companies sometimes take a while to update their records, so I wouldn't worry, but that's why it's important to notify them of any changes asap.