Thread: seems cheap to me?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

seems cheap to me?

hey. ive got a 1.8 se2 coupe that is in need of a bloody good service and a cambelt as its now on 43000 miles and hasnt had one done. ive not long had the car and rang vauxhall today for a quote on a service and cambelt. they said they sould do me a service for £100 or do a service and a cambelt for £300, is it just me or is this a bit cheap? cheers Mike

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    service-- oil and filter! £100????
    cambelt--does this include roller and tensioner????

get down to vauxhall and get the parts and find an independant garage to do the work matey! loads cheaper.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    £300 is a good price for a service + cambelt @ Vauxhall. I paid around that at a local garage.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers webbo, ill probably just get the parts and get a local garrage to do it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    insist they change the cambelt kit (ie belt, tensioner, 2 x rollers) and have the water pump changed too.

you can get all these parts (genuine GM parts) for £100 from Autovaux and have a local independent garage fit them for about 2hrs labout (expect about £40/hour)
    source the service parts whilst ur at Autovaux and get the garage to fit them (if u cant do em ur self - i would advise doin these ur self to save on costs) but if the garage did them youd probs get the lot done for £200 all in

remember the £300 quoted by vxl will not include the water pump - and may not even be the fill timing belt kit..... never ever ever ever take things on face value at the main dealers - if u get a quote, get a written one if possible and full itemisation of what is included.

HTH

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ill keep that in mind georgie. i thought 300 seemed cheap for a "full" service and cambelt. ill ring them and get a quote on everything i want doing, but if it is silly money then i will be purchasing the parts myself, cheers