Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: headlight bulbs what have you got or recomend

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    GsiColey's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    headlight bulbs what have you got or recomend

    one of my bulbs has gone pop and need some new ones whats the best to get or what you recomend

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    PaulR's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think you've been forgotten mate, I when to Halfords n got some extreme brilliance bulbs cos they bogof but didn't fit them cos I thought i'd get peoples opinions first. come on peeps what candles you got lighting your way??

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    michael_sxi's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    324
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got the halfrauds 25% brighter bulbs and there good real noticable difference to Gm bulbs i had previously

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    montyfox's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,434
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I think you've been forgotten mate, I when to Halfords n got some extreme brilliance bulbs cos they bogof but didn't fit them cos I thought i'd get peoples opinions first. come on peeps what candles you got lighting your way??

    Fit your extreme brilliance jobbies and give us youir opinion on those .

    I was down halfords on Sunday, no BOGOF on bulbs at my branch though.

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    mikelowry's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I had an Alfa 156 about 3 years ago I put some Osram Silverstar bulbs in it and that was noticably brighter. Dont even no if they still do them or a newer model now though.

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Enigma ???'s Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think they where called Xstream or some thing like that they where £££ but gave a brilliant white light and no yellow ting effect in the housing. It did say Xenon gas and you could see the difference compared to standard and the halfrauds all weather one's

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    Dads Taxi's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A bit off subject but i've got Ring 'Sportz blue' 80w H7s in my Alhambra and they're noticeably better than the standard ones...

    In the process of ordering an HID kit for the Zaf..will let you know how I get on once its fitted..

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    Enigma ???'s Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,468
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads Taxi View Post
    A bit off subject but i've got Ring 'Sportz blue' 80w H7s in my Alhambra and they're noticeably better than the standard ones...

    In the process of ordering an HID kit for the Zaf..will let you know how I get on once its fitted..
    Yeah i would hope they where being 25 watts more powerful and Illegal to use on any public road in the EU

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    Dads Taxi's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma ??? View Post
    Yeah i would hope they where being 25 watts more powerful and Illegal to use on any public road in the EU
    We don't worry about things like that as long as I can see where i'm going!!!

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    montyfox's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,434
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads Taxi View Post
    We don't worry about things like that as long as I can see where i'm going!!!

    Agree with that attitude to a certain extent, 'see and be seen'.

    Pretty sure there are more cars on the road with illegal retrofit HID kits.
    I'm not against them either because they are illegal, just the kits that are badly fitted or crap fullstop that give a shite beam pattern that dazzles oncoming drivers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mrk 5 headlight bulbs
    By BLACK SRI in forum Astra Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-07-2011, 21:16
  2. Headlight bulbs
    By Mc_Sxi in forum Electrical
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 19:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •