Thread: would just like to say hi

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

would just like to say hi

decided after buying french that its time for me to buy an astra i have been thinking for a while now so decided on a astra mk 4 sxi, iv not managed to find one that i like yet so still in the middle of looking, anyway would just like to say great forum guys and if any of you astra owneres know where to get a decent buy then let me know

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    hi, and welcome to the forum!

what french car did you own?

i am a megane convert! had my mk5 astra sxi since last november, will never ever ever ever regret buying it, great car!

good luck with your search! where are you located? i maybe able to help with contacts!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    had my saxo for my first car a guy that wasnt insured hit me so i lost that one, then i baught a clio mk 2 and the engine seased up like last week so needed a reason to buy the astra so now i got one and i am located in wigan near manchester

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    oh rite! seems like you not had much luck then!

my megane was a great car to drive, handled well. reliability was sheit.

reason i asked where you were located, i know of a couple of places local to me in south essex which would have kept a look out for an astra for you, but manchester is a fair old way away!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    trust me my luck with french cars has been dull, this is my little story with the clio, had the car 4 month, paid £1400 for it from a garage, this was suposed to have a 3 month warrenty with it, first month cental locking broke, i took it back to the garage, he just washed his hands of it i was going to take him to court about it but it would of cost me more so i decided not to bother, second month my whole exhaust system messed up that was ( lamber sencer, centre pipe, cat, the exhaust mount and the back box, came to a total of £317, then the 3rd month, this happend, because i live on a hill a guy left his handbreak off his car, the car rolled down the hill and hit my door smashing my passenger side door, took that to the bodyshop ( the guy paid for the damages) and this month my engine seased up so thats the little story of my bad luck with french cars i may still have the pictures of what happend to the door lol, so if i can find them il let you have a look

but please keep a look out as to find a decent car you have to be worth to travel... looking to spend no more than £4000 quid tho lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    any specific engine size you are after, i will have a look on autotrader near me, i will print any details off.

pm your email addy and i can scan it as a pdf from work and send it to you

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    and also, would you consider buying private or does it have to be from a dealer?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1.6 that way i can keep that sized engine for a few years and it does not bother me if its private or dealer, and thank you for the help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    have just sent you an email, hth!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    have just found a short extract from one of my old posts on the megane owners forum. details the first few days of ownership of the megane:

it was a year ago today that i picked up my lovely megane! still, shame i only had it for 9 months!

saturday 19th january 08 - mid afternoon, collect car, drive off down road from garage to start 20 mile journey back home, 2 miles - if that - down the road, oil warning light comes on! fun!
    sunday 20th january 08 - no oil light, find that tyres were ridiculously low on pressure - obviously not inflated by garage
    monday 21st jan 08 - first journey to station - oil warning light again
    tuesday 22nd jan 08 - coil packs fail - car goes into limp home mode half way to station, and obviously same on way home
    wednesday 23rd jan 08 - car goes into garage for 2 new coil packs, full service and 2 rear tyres - total cost £460!

was an eventful few days, this carried on for some time, so won't bore you all - plus i got work to be getting on with!

not only did i have all of these problems, i also had about 7 calls to the AA in 9 months of ownership. other things that i had done:

complete cam belt + kit
    oil pressure sensor
    new keycard (some stupid renault idea - new one costs around £150)
    high level brake light (wtf - £30 for a brake light!!!!!!!)
    other 2 coils
    cam shaft sensor

also, got hit by a mini bus when it was parked outside my house!

did not have v.much luck, and was glad to get rid of in the end. it would have come a point when it should have been trouble free, but by october, i had had enough!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast