Thread: I need help guys with 1.9 airbox mod please

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I need help guys with 1.9 airbox mod please

Hi guys got round to fitting my 1.9cdti airbox today but its a pig, Ive managed to fit it all but i dont know if this is a common problem but when i close my bonnet it sits a little bit higher on the left hand sode where the airbox is??????????? Now its not much but its not ideal really also how do you get the dipstick out aswell, Im abit sick now..........
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well ive managed to fit it, The bonnet is a tiny bit higher than the other side but you can really notice it....Ive just took out for a drive round the block and im not sure yet if theres much differance from my bmc cda with the crossover pipe still on...Also the engine seems to be a little noiser than before but it could be just me?????????

Here it is anyway......

Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had to cut a fair piece of the bend that goes down to the turbo, that will lower this pipe.
    Can get to the dipstick reasonably easy on mine.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    as above, I also removed the engine hoist hook and carefully bent the dipstick tube towards the block which makes it far easier to get to.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NEVE'O View Post
    as above, I also removed the engine hoist hook and carefully bent the dipstick tube towards the block which makes it far easier to get to.

The engine hoist hook does this sit the whole airbox lower then, also ill have a go at bending the dipstick tube watch me snap it......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    no it just makes room to bend the dip stick tube into and easier to get hold of it. Cutting down the silicone pipe so you can clamp it down further on the turbo lowers the pipe.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NEVE'O View Post
    no it just makes room to bend the dip stick tube into and easier to get hold of it. Cutting down the silicone pipe so you can clamp it down further on the turbo lowers the pipe.

Ah ok mate ill give it a go cheers