Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy I am so gunna cry...

Aaarrggghhh!!!!!!

I am so frustrated,my bf got layed off the week before last and cant find a job. He rang job centre and they said it will take 3 weeks AT LEAST to find out if he is entitled to job seekers allowance or not-last time he got refused as 'apparently' my wages were too much ( i was getting maternity pay thats all).

Housing benefit wont pay out until jobseekers is sorted and to top it off job centre rang tax credits and told them about our 'change in circumstance' and now they say i wont get ANY tax credits until april in the new tax year!!!
    I was expecting £400 on tuesday from them!

I only work 16 hours per week as we have a 13 month old lil girl and she goes to nursery while i work. I have to give a months notice if i want to stop her from going and it takes a whole hassle to get her back in again so dont really want to take her out in the first place

We have no money but my wages coming in now and that is not a lot at all. What im going to do I dont know
    I just want to break down and cry......wait i already did that......and it didnt make anything better......ontop of that me and the bf have been arguing because of all this crap!!!!!!

When the hell is the gouvernment going to sort out the sorry state it has put the economy in??? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Sorry for ranting but im soooooo angry and upset!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know how you feel and the same has happened to me i have been made redundent but got no payout and my other half has also just had the same happen to her. so we have nothing coming in at the moment. keep on applying for everyjob i see but having no luck at all. still waiting for jobcentre to sort something out as i tried to claim and as that was going through we have had to put a new claim through as a joint 1. how can you start a new job with no money no petrol no insurance etc? its a vicous cirlce something needs to be done ive never been outa work in my life always paid my taxes but they dont seem to care.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Totally understandable that your upset - the benefits system is setup to benefit the spongers and not the hard workers.

I remember being sat in the Job center waiting to sign on (to get my NI paid and not get f'all else) listening to two chavs over the way talking about which petrol stations they have robbed stuff from and which prison is best - and then how much money they get.

Country has gone to hell in a hangbasket.
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_888 View Post
    Totally understandable that your upset - the benefits system is setup to benefit the spongers and not the hard workers.

I remember being sat in the Job center waiting to sign on (to get my NI paid and not get f'all else) listening to two chavs over the way talking about which petrol stations they have robbed stuff from and which prison is best - and then how much money they get.

completly agree when i spoke to them they said they cannot financially help us because we havent been unemployed for more than 6 months. my otherhalf has been offered a job in care with my mum but to do that she needs a few hundred pound upfront as its monthly pay and she needs business insurance, crb, uniforms, etc etc they told her they will help her after 6 months but surely thats telling her to not bother going to work for 6 months then we will give you money??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is no incentive for people to work anymore...its awful. For ages my bf has been saying we've been working to survive not working to live and hes right...all we've done is struggle. Now when we need help the most were not even getting any and we have always paid tax and national insurance.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_888 View Post

i totally agree this coutry has gone to the dogs!
    Back in an astra and loving it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear ur having a tough time especially with a little un. What goes down must go up so stay strong for eachother and you will get through it. Despite what the press say there are jobs about at the mo as long as you're prepared to do any sort of work. Good luck
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LynneSri View Post
    There is no incentive for people to work anymore...its awful. For ages my bf has been saying we've been working to survive not working to live and hes right...all we've done is struggle. Now when we need help the most were not even getting any and we have always paid tax and national insurance.

was your boyfreind, sacked or the job made reduntant? Since you have paid your tax, and you fit into the critera, he should be entitled imediatly to job seekers.

Sad fact is. I work near on 100 hrs a week, If I gave up work and went unemployed I would be finacially no different.

A honest pound is hardest to earn,

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    was your boyfreind, sacked or the job made reduntant? Since you have paid your tax, and you fit into the critera, he should be entitled imediatly to job seekers,
    He was made redundant with no notice or pay. They treat the claim as a join one for some reason and so my wages affect whether he is entitled to jobseekers or not. Like i say,last time he was layed off they said he wasnt entitled because i earnt too much on maternity pay which at the time was only £112.75 per week!

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Might be worth a chat with Citizen's Advice - they may be able to give some sensible guidance on the whole situation.

Tax Credits are based upon last years income (April 2007 to April 200 so this years changes shouldn't affect things until April 2009 - there are different elements to this though, Child Tax Credits, Working Tax Credits and also ChildCare Tax Credits.

Unsure how they can stop paying you now unless you under-estimated your income for the previous financial year and hence they have been over-paying you since April 2008?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast