Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats involved in a major service?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whats involved in a major service?

Just booked my car in for a major service with vauxhall, can anyone tell me all the things that will be included?
    2001 Mk4 Astra 1.6 8v

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    should of asked them mate, or ask them for a invoice with ever thing thta was done, which you will prob's get,

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_gsi View Post
    should of asked them mate, or ask them for a invoice with ever thing thta was done, which you will prob's get,
    it was booked online, i didint actually speak to anyone! i know my car needs it! i just wondered if anyone knew what was included!
    2001 Mk4 Astra 1.6 8v

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    depends which major service on the mileage in the vauxhall book, but i would assume plugs and oil/filter, pollen filter, air filter, possible brake fluid again depends on mileage. Pop in to any dealership and ask for the blank list that they tick off from.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    depends which major service on the mileage in the vauxhall book, but i would assume plugs and oil/filter, pollen filter, air filter, possible brake fluid again depends on mileage. Pop in to any dealership and ask for the blank list that they tick off from.
    thanks, its being done on tuesday, guess ill just ask when i take it in, its on 81000
    2001 Mk4 Astra 1.6 8v

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    From my own experience (ok it wasn't done by Vaux, but was done by a local garage) you ought to check the pollen filter when you get it back.

I was told mine had a full service & just checked the filter last week. Unless it's perfectly feasable for it to be black after 3 months, then it wasn't changed.

So if they've scrimped on that, which i can do myself so would be easier than a piece of p!ss for them, then what else did they scrimp on.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmmm, i did change mine recently and i have heard they 'over look' the pollen filter but it does make you wonder what else will be missed out!
    2001 Mk4 Astra 1.6 8v

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndhatter View Post
    it was booked online, i didint actually speak to anyone! i know my car needs it! i just wondered if anyone knew what was included!

was'nt trying to be funny there mate, you must of read it wrong, just if i was to tell you what would get done, ( with out know what milage it had) i would prob's get it wrong,lol, just thought it would be best to ask them so you know what has been done, get them to put it all down on the invoice,

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I get ya mate, makes sense! Just thought there would be a basic list of tasks someone might know!
    2001 Mk4 Astra 1.6 8v

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its all in the service book what is expected, brake fluid change is advised but they charge more for this, 80k should also have a cambelt this costs miore too, every 40k is pollen, although i do mine every 2 months or the blowers dont work cus its blocked, I do over 1500 miles a week tho, mainly motorway so expected to get black quick, at least all that sh it aint getting into the car.

Pretty much, expect a phone call on the day of the service with all the things they suggest you should have done, with costs, be sitting down!

What VX model is it and age?
    Zafira B SRi Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast